Extended Red Snapper Season??

Discussion in 'Charter Boat & Party Boat' started by Fishinguy1234, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Fishinguy1234

Fishinguy1234 Active Member

Has anyone heard of possible Federal extension of Red Snapper this year after August 1st

2. awesum

awesum Senior Member

That article is dated April 30. I'm pretty sure he's talking about something more current than that.

Sometimes the weather and other events (Covid, etc.) prevent the quota from being reached and an extension or a fall reopening might happen. TPWD has been tight lipped about the quota so we don't know what they might be thinking.

I personally feel we did not make the quota.

3. Fishinguy1234

Fishinguy1234 Active Member

Well, I'm hoping for maybe the extension, please please get back with me, because the Snapper Trips are fun on the New Buc !!!

4. day0ne

day0ne Senior Member

The New Bucc works off of a different quota than the recs. I doubt that the party boat /charter season will be extended, the recs maybe.

5. JohnnyMax

JohnnyMax Active Member

I looked in my "Fishing Rules" and it says that Federal waters are open for red snapper. Bag limit 2, size 16"
    I was out in Federal waters on the 5th and I released all the red snapper, because I thought the season was closed on the 3rd...

6. awesum

awesum Senior Member

Red Snapper season in Federal wates did close Monday August 3 at 12:01 AM. I'm not sure what rules you were reading but they are not reliable.

Fred and I were out there on Monday August 3 and we released some nice ones too!

skiffsnaps 003.JPG

skiffsnaps3.JPG

JohnnyMax likes this.