Everol reels. what do you think about them?

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by tmd, Nov 17, 2009.

1. tmd

tmd Large Member

haven't met many people who use hem. those who do, what do you think about them? strength, durability, drag, etc? thank you in advance

2. FishingAddict

FishingAddict Member

I was looking into them a bit a little while ago. Never owned one or personally know anyone who has, but I've read nothing but good things about. Sounds like if you buy one you'll have it for another 20 years. So as far as durability, it sounds like their one of the best reels out there.

3. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

haven't met many people who use hem. those who do, what do you think about them? strength, durability, drag, etc? thank you in advance
    I used Everol 6/12 and 12/20 for tuna jigging extensively.
    Very few reels for the same sizes are as strong and durable as Everol reels.
    They are like tanks. Drag is excellent.
    The only issue with the reels are they are pretty heavy.
    12/20 weighs over 2 lbs.

4. paul708

paul708 Site Sponsor

I used 6/12 for a few years. works great.
    the guy i sold it to loves it, and is still using it.

5. turfman

turfman Member

I have 3 12/20's and 2 6/12's.. My oldest one is going to go for service and is 5 yrs old and has caught probably 60 tuna and 100 stripers,, they ain't pretty and compared to newer reels on the market they are pretty heavy. But they sure do work.

6. Flattop

Flattop Junior member

I have Everol Waterproof 30 that I've for about 10 years now. I use it on sharking trip's. The only complaint I have it the clicker isn't real loud, I like the sound of the clicker when the shark first picks up the bait. The reel is a tank but weighs as much as one. You need to clip into a belt if you have something big on the other end. If you're a strongman competitor the weight of the reel may not be a factor. But I have not had any problem at all with the reel.