360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking for handles for a light jigging rod. i want a small O.D. like 1.10in. for both front and rear grips. no taper needed. basically the same as the g3 OTI rods. im having trouble finding this. also i dont have the capabilities to lathe my own. thanks for any input.

Andrew

·
537 Posts
Call Billy Vivonia at XL Rods or maybe Paul at JPR Rods, offer to buy the grips from them and maybe they will lathe them for you. EVA isn't too hard to sand by hand if you are close, but you might not get it perfectly even.

·
675 Posts
Find a Merrick Tackle dealer and try some of their 1-1/8" OD EVA -- part# 7S2412 & 7S2434 in their grips PDF.

I've been using it for the last few months and like the feel.

·
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
awesome advise. ive had a few people here offer to lathe the grips. i will look at that hypalon but i havent ever used it. does it feel the same as eva?

thanks everyone.

·
-- Tackle Ho --
2,784 Posts
Andrew take Topper offer you wont believe what he can make :eek: :D , just waiting for the mail to arrive Topper , ill post some pictures soon. Stay tune:D

Anthony,

i cant wait to see it on the rod. I really want to see how it is on the rod. Andrew just let me know buddy. :D

·
230 Posts
if your planning on building rods as ahobby you can get a grizzly hobby lathe and turn your grips yourself and save money.the lathe only costs $49 bucks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts