360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys, I’ve been watching a lot of YouTube these days and I really want to try my hand at plugging/stick-baiting for tuna but as I live in the UK I don’t really get a lot of opportunities other than holidays as you can probably imagine. I’ve got my eye on the Shimano Plugger range, does anyone have experience of these and if so how do you rate them? Also any recommendations for other plugging rods, rigs, line/leader, best knots & favourite lures, cheers in advance

·
1,020 Posts
You are not alone, I either have to drive 12 hours to PartyBoat tuna or fly 14 hours to fish Taiwan AJs. …..but since the fish is not coming to us, we have to go to the fish:cool::cool: Lots of info here…… might take weeks before you search/read what you “need to know” LOL. Welcome :):)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Welcome. Im hoping to reap the advantages on the warming oceans as the Blurfin's are slowly showing up each year more and more in Nor cal. Besides that its a 14 hr drive to so cal!

·
Registered
120 Posts
actually, ssw of england (cornwall) has been exploding with bluefin. more and more every year.

i believe there is a licensed (angler and guide) catch and release fishery starting to gain traction. if things w/ the bluefin keep improving - i’d guess there will be a fishable quota soon enuf (??).

you may not have to go as far as you think…:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts