360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished with Jose Sr and Jose Jr. ,(if you need their #, pm me) contacted them and they were ready for me Friday morning. Fishing was very good Fri, 12 yellow fin tuna, 8 Mahi-Mahi and several of what they call black tuna, we call Bonita in the GOM. Saturday we got another dozen YFT, no Mahi and probably 15 of the black tuna. I had to tap out Sat am As by 10 am We had at least 20 fish in the box & I was dead tired! One good thing about being the only guy on the boat is I got to reel in every fish! Plenty of double and triple hookups each day! On Friday I filleted out 2 of the Mahi, and 1 YFT and I had them fillet out five YFT and put the fillets in plastic bags. We got as close to 50 # as possible which is the limit for a carry on bag. I borrowed a friends YETI softpak to transport the fish back home. The hotel was nice enough to let me use their freezer. They had a chest freezer so the fish could start freezing. The Captn. Took the rest on Fri & all of the fish on Sat. I've got at least 30 pounds of fillets once I finish taking the skin off an the bloodline out of the tuna. Great fishing and great guides. Jose Sr told me he has been fishing the waters around LOS Cobanos for 50 years. Talk about the old man and the sea! I highly recommend going fishing with this father and son fishing team. I will definitely be back. The only thing I will do differently is bring a small collapsible ice chest for my beer / water. I like to drink beer when I fish so I had to put my beer (which was not provided, I had to buy it), in their fish box & after about 10-12 fish, everything had fish slime on it. Just rinse it off in the blue water & it was all good! The beer was not as cold as it could have been either. More on the fish box. This was not an Igloo or Coleman, It was an old refridgerator laid on its back, with the hinges taken off of the door. And it worked great! Talk about resourceful recycling! LOL!

CARLITOS

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.