360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
353 Posts
Long range party boats on the "East Coast" similar to the long range boats in SoCal- Not really in the Northeast.

average Northern East Coast trips for Rosie, Tilefishing 1.5 to 2 day, Tuna fishing 24, 30hrs, 2 days, combo Tilefish & Tuna 3 days, special charters top out at 4 days most

Or do you mean a floating "Hilton" with concierge service multi-day trips Vs. a floating railed platform with men's urinal piped to empty on the head deck/your boots...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Used to be a boat out of Hollywood FL that went on 3-4 day trips to the Bahama's years back. They got busted coming back to FL with way over their limit and turtle meat and god knows what all else. They were put out of biss. I think another boat ran the same trips out Haulover FL.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Long range party boats on the "East Coast" similar to the long range boats in SoCal- Not really in the Northeast.

average Northern East Coast trips for Rosie, Tilefishing 1.5 to 2 day, Tuna fishing 24, 30hrs, 2 days, combo Tilefish & Tuna 3 days, special charters top out at 4 days most

Or do you mean a floating "Hilton" with concierge service multi-day trips Vs. a floating railed platform with men's urinal piped to empty on the head deck/your boots...
I'm not really picky I just enjoy catching fish. I live just north of Atlanta so I wanted to do a little research on the options closer to home. The boats out of Galveston are both fun but the 12 hour drive sucks.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yankee Capts and the American Patriot - Key West and Marco Island. The American Patriot would be a shorter drive for you, they do 3-4 day trips and the boat is super nice (all new). I live in Texas and it still takes me 4hrs to get to the boats in galveston 😂🤣

·
Registered
60 Posts
While its a long time back, know that in 86, 87 and 88 when I was stationed at Cherry Point NC, there was a Charter boat that work out of Atlantic Beach NC. It was actually a really nice boat that only took maybe 50 folks out at a time. Lots of Spanish Mackerel and Blue fish and some Grouper. It mainly fished wrecks that I remember.
Some really good fishing it was, almost as good as what we have here out of Galveston.

Also to add, in the mid Ninety's say 94 or 95, there was a party boat working out of Ocean City Maryland. Only went out on it once and we did nothing to write home about. Although before we left that morning, they was talking about a chance at small yellowfin tuna they had been catching in the weeks before that had moved in closer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts