360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
SPONSOR
11,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tuna fishing has been good on troll daytime on the East Coast and night chunking just started. One tuna party boat had limit catch of yellowfin tuna(75 yft for 25 guys ) along with many longfin on a 24 hr overnight trip at canyons out of NJ yesterday.
One famous charter boat, the Canyon Runner, had 19 yellowfin along with 201 lbs allison yellowfin yesterday. One charter boat had 25 yft on jigs !!!
I don't know how long the hot bites continues, but tuna fishing at canyons is hot and heavy now.

·
SPONSOR
11,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
great photo's and thanks for the heads up on your fishery. hopefully you will be out there jigging up some nice tuna in the next few weeks. still looking foward to our trip in october on the big e.....rick
The Canyon Runner is one of the most successful charter boats on the East Coast, but the rate is not cheap. :)

I broke so many rods and reels as I like to test them to the limit, but always on the water. :)
When you come to NY in February, let me know. IF weather is good, we can go offshore seabass jigging trip out of Southern NJ and if weather is not good, we can go to an authentic Japanese sushi restaurants in Manhattan.

Big seabass loves jig. We usually use 6-8 oz jigs for them.

·
SPONSOR
11,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
While hot bites continues at canyons, I opted to go after bluefin out of Southern NJ and got skunked on Friday. I drove up to Rhode Island next day to catch some fluke (summer flounder), but turned around as wind started blow from east, which is usually bad sign for fishing. But they said they had the best fluking ever on Saturday !!!
I really hope my bad lucks don't continue when I go back to Puerto Vallarta on Thursday. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.