360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just came back from my first popping trip to Panama and now I'm obsessed. This forum has been a big help in feeding that and I appreciate everyone's patience.

Is there a list anywhere of East Coast shops that specialize in popping/jigging and have a brick and mortar presence? I live in Northern VA, but frequently drive down to NC or up to NY. I'd love to make a few detours and see what's on offer and learn more. Obviously, I can find gear online, but I always like to support those retailers who serve the local and specialized communities.

I've found Saltywater, JignPop, Jigging World and Tomo's online -- would love to learn of any others that I might be able to visit.

Pete Robbins
Vienna, VA
halfpastfirstcast.com

·
Registered
67 Posts
I go to Saltywater and own several of their rods. Sami is one of the pioneers of jigging & popping so his advice is worth it’s weight in gold. Definitely the best shop around.

·
Retired Member
4,874 Posts
Or just go over to Benny's house........
Haha! Pete if you are ever in the Charleston SC area you are very welcome to stop by.You can pick a tackle bag of stuff to try before you buy. Sometimes it saves you a lot of running around and cash.

Benny

·
Registered
402 Posts
Haha! Pete if you are ever in the Charleston SC area you are very welcome to stop by.You can pick a tackle bag of stuff to try before you buy. Sometimes it saves you a lot of running around and cash.
Mr Benny I did not know you are in Charleston. I might visit you one day and have lunch or dinner. I have to pick up my vehicle from Charleston soon. :)
Benny

·
Retired Member
4,874 Posts
Sounds great! But let’s take the might out of it, and make plans to meet up when you’re here. I’m about 20 min from Charleston, so I can meet up with you or you’re welcome to come to my tackle box.

Benny

·
Registered
402 Posts
Will do Mr Benny . As soon as I get the email I will let you know the date. That day I will most likely be off so we can meet anytime.

·
Registered
734 Posts
My shop Garone Custom Rods and Tackle is up in Manasquan NJ. Not quite as extensive a selection as some of the more established shops but I've got a unique selection of top water lures that you won't find elsewhere in the USA and am adding new products frequently. Don't forget I also build the finest custom rods money can buy 😉.

I am open by appointment for walk ins so just give a ring 973-945-1795 before you come up to make sure I will be there.

Check us out at Garonerods.com

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My shop Garone Custom Rods and Tackle is up in Manasquan NJ. Not quite as extensive a selection as some of the more established shops but I've got a unique selection of top water lures that you won't find elsewhere in the USA and am adding new products frequently. Don't forget I also build the finest custom rods money can buy 😉.

I am open by appointment for walk ins so just give a ring 973-945-1795 before you come up to make sure I will be there.

Check us out at Garonerods.com
Will definitely plan on giving you a ring. Have checked out your website already -- very impressed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Benny
May take you up on that. One of our best friends lives in Folly Beach, so we make it down at least once a year.

·
634 Posts
I’d definitely suggest heading to mike Garone’s shop. You may even see a boat in the middle of his shop. Also the Reel Seat is about 2 mins away from him which is worth a visit as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts