East Cape Baja - May 26-30th

Discussion in 'South of the Border' started by DanS, Jan 29, 2009.

1. DanS

DanS Senior Member

Tuna said to be "awesome" in May.

[​IMG]

I’m looking for two additional individuals to put together a ‘foursome’ for: 5-days, 4-nights, 2 full-days of Sea of Cortez fishing staying at the Hotel Palmas De Cortez, Los Barriles, East Cape Baja, Mexico.

[​IMG]

The financial saving for the 4-person fishing package compared to a 2-person is nearly 40%! The savings also includes a 10% discount I was offered during a recent Int’l Sportsmen Exposition in Denver, Colorado.

The dates are fixed based on a wedding my wife and I are attending in San Diego, CA on May 25th. However, the components of the fishing package are still flexible since it hasn’t yet been booked. Standard 28' cruiser so the wives have a head.

I got the name of THE best and most aggressive Palmas/Los Barriles boat captain from Justin Poe, Rod Product Manager for Shimano, Irvine, CA. Justin is third-generation Los Barriles, grew up there, and goes back to visit family regularly. Between now and then, I hope to do a Vulcan 'mind-meld'.

Package for 4 people (2 per room/4 per cruiser) includes: round-trip shuttle from airport in Cabo, accommodations (Garden or Cabana), fishing on a 28’ standard cruiser with tackle, 3 meals per day, hotel & boat tax, & hotel gratuity. Airfare, bait, fishing crew gratuity, sodas, bottle water, and bar drinks are extra costs, as well as any other of the resort’s activities.

East Cape resorts are more for serious fishing, in contrast to the party crowd in Cabo. We’re a ‘Boomer’ age couple and normally asleep by 10:00pm. The boat will leave on time in the morning, with or without you.

[​IMG]

If interested and have further questions, PM me or email us at [email protected]. Our spam controls requires authentication.

2. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

what is your price? better to post up here for more interest.

3. DanS

DanS Senior Member

what is your price? better to post up here for more interest.

Ok, show the wife this! ...or maybe not.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This price is the best package deal I've located for the plush Hotel Palmas. My calculation shows $937.25pp for 2 people; $580.88pp for 4. So, it should be obvious why I'm seeking to build a 'foursome'.

Again, this is for 5 days, 4 nights, 2 full-days fishing off a 28' cruiser. I'm taking my 'light' tackle for popping and jigging, as well.

On top of the near-inclusive package is airfare. Several airlines offer cheap RT tickets into Cabo, which is where you fly into before being shuttled up to the resort on the East Cape.

PS. Given your shoulders and forearms, I think you should come Bret. Thus, when I hook something too big, I'll hand the pole to you!

4. DanS

DanS Senior Member

Thanks for visiting. We're going to make other plans which does not include East Cape...bargains, bargains everywhere.

5. trlrman

trlrman Senior Member

been there 6 times you better go ahead and book at least 1 more day of fishing if not 2 .whitch boat i may have fished with him? 2 days will just get your blood pumping trust me you'll want more!