360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
615 Posts
Sounds like a great trip. Was just looking at the early pics on 2cool. Mrbill, you might want to give your trip a second thought. Every gaff is almost dead center in the middle of the body. I know you, and that would really drive you nuts. Looks like a great boat. Like those huge live bait tanks. If those deckhands ever took "gaffing 101" I might join you.

· Registered
615 Posts
Mrbill,
Didn't go hunting today. I've been doing drawings all day. If you are serious about the "Tuna Net," try to find me a reliable dip net manufacture. Let's shoot for a 150 pound rating. Probably a solid stainless 3/4" ring with a 1 1/2" aluminum two part threaded shaft about 12.' Maybe even a "T" at the end in case those deckies lose a grip. That way, you could haul it. I would guess about 42" to 48" dia with a drop of 60." An oval shape or tear drop shape might be best. There used to be a net maker in Conn Brown Harbor in Aransas Pass before the shrimping fleet vacated.

· Registered
615 Posts
MrBill,
After talking with you this afternoon, it appears you are wavering on your Oct trip on the Big E. That gaffing situation really has you down. I understand, but you're my scout for the Big E. If you don't go, I'll never go.

Why don't you send Miami in your place? He doesn't get too upset about body gaffs. He'll eat anything. He'd give us great first hand info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.