360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

2,069 Posts
you guys were on fire!~! COngrats on the awesome fish catches!! SOme HUGE grouper, bigeye, and YFT!!! Nice!!!!!

Minnows.. that smile on Rue's face is gonna make it easier to buy more tackle in the future... only exception is you now have to buy (2) of everything....lol.

2,069 Posts
you will lose every 1 out of 2 fish you try to net from that high up. The anglers arent going to be used to relaxing the line before the fish hits the net- and many lines are going to be broken. There will be only one chance to get the fish in the net. I know this from netting smaller fish(bass). On a private boat that is lower to the water I can see this working very productively. But not with so many people so high up. The tuna are so powerful that leading their head in the direction it needs to go with spinning gear will become the root cause of failure. I can see the ability to lead them around with 50-80# class gear, but not 30-40# class. One turn and they are rubbing the mono against the net and POP! They just need to learn how to gaff the fish in the head better and quit taking throws at the body.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.