Dream Big - a sad day

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by stingofish, Sep 16, 2012.

1. outermostangling

outermostangling Site Sponsor

GODSPEED John we will miss you...

2. SeaDrifter

SeaDrifter Senior Member

fished with big john oregon inlet spring 2011...it was awesomely badass to watch him in action. RIP big john..

Attached Files:

3. stingofish

stingofish Sponsors

I talked with the family and they asked that I post the arrangements To all interested in attending:
    Arrangements are as follows:
    Dancy Funeral Home on Smull Avenue in Caldwell on Weds, Sept. 19th. 4pm-9pm. Funeral mass on Thurs, 10 a.m. September 20th,
    at St. Aloysious RC Church Bloomfield Ave, Caldwell. Donations in John's memory to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

also following is a link to John's facebook page please feel free to add photos and share memories:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151081620324353.435949.523824352&type=1&l=2dabefb7fc

4. Black Rose

Black Rose Site Sponsor

I can't say enough good things about John. I felt safe around him. He had that aura. He was a special person who really cared about the people around him. He'll be missed, but the lessons he brought to those around him will go on. He was such a positive person that is rare today.

5. Capt. Dom

Capt. Dom Site Sponsor

6. Eastern Tackle

Eastern Tackle Senior Member

Wow. Very sad to hear. He was the ultimate fish magnet.

7. Nick

Nick Site Sponsor

Sad news! Rest in peace John!! Condolences to his family.

8. egluck

egluck Senior Member

Met JF a few times but never really got to have a conversation with him. I thought it was quite admirable the way he had beaten back the cancer the first time. I also admired his passion for fishing and the way he tried to promote popping and jigging. Sorry he had to go so soon. Makes you realize you should seize the day, because you never know when your time will come.

9. ghever

ghever Senior Member

working in the path lab, I see cancer every day. It is amazing how it can affect all ages, it is an equal opportunity killer. Never met John, but read many of his reports and by all accounts he was one hell of a fisherman. RIP John.

10. TILEFEVER

TILEFEVER Member

This was really a shock to me. John and I were friends, though I didn't know him very well. I fished with him once and spoke to him via txt over the phone about upcoming trips and reports.

I did fish with him with Capt Dom CCB and Daryl a couple yrs ago. Was a great guy and as or more passionate as I am. I got lucky that day and hooked up twice. One image will forever last in my mind. We spotted breaking fish and all three of us casted practically on top of each other. I had a silver RonZ on and they had plugs/sticks and bam I got lit up as soon as it hit the water and the fish just inhaled it on top. I think it was a 68incher or something like that.

I remember I accidentally hit him with a jig as I was casting (my first ever) and I expected he was going to kick my ass. But he wasnt even pissed but he was a little quiet afterwards :)

I wish I could have gotten out one more time as we planned many trips that didn't end up coming together. I am glad to have fished with him.

Here today...gone tomorrow. Do and share the things that are important in life as it will be gone before you know it.

RIP JFLO

One more passionate jignpopper upstairs. Hopefully the trips will be planned and ready to go when we get there :)

11. Aziz

Aziz Member

12. nyhugo

nyhugo Member

13. tailfisher

tailfisher Senior Member

prayers sent to his family at a time like this.

14. DenisB

DenisB Senior Member

A year since his passing....................and we have been poorer for it.

15. Capt Richie

Capt Richie Site Sponsor

very sorry to hear it...Prayers for his family...