Dream Big - a sad day

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by stingofish, Sep 16, 2012.

1. stingofish

stingofish Sponsors

Today is a very sad day for me and the jigging and popping community.

Today we lost one of our brothers.
    As some of you may know my good friend John Flores has been fighting cancer or some time.
    Years ago before I met John he fought and was winning the fight. Well in the last few weeks this changed. His cancer mutated and came back hard and he switched med's and was gaining line back. During his fight an infection came on in his lungs and this was too much for his body to take.

This morning John passed. He was a good friend and a great fisherman. His website and his motto was dream big - I think he lived big and helped popularize the jigging an popping sport that we all know and love here in the US....

John you will be missed my friend....

I am not good with these kind of things.
    Please use this thread to share your memories of John if you don't mind. And please give your hopes and prayers to his family during these tough times.

God speed John Flores I love you and will miss you and will continue to dream big.

2. jiggawhat

jiggawhat Senior Member

God bless prayers tonight for the families.never met the guy but enjoyed his reports.

3. SynitUsa

SynitUsa Site Sponsor

That is Horrible News, for you guys that never had the chance to meet him John was not only a World Class Fisherman but one of the Nicest guys on this planet!!! RIP Brother you will be dearly missed. My Prayers go out to Him and His Family...

4. lite-liner

lite-liner troll enforcement Staff Member

Godspeed, Jflores.
    prayers out.

5. Astronut

Astronut Senior Member

My condolences to the Flores family...RIP John

astro...

6. ichibahn

ichibahn ** Pak Lurah **

7. redrivermoon

redrivermoon Senior Member

It's always sad to lose a good friend. My condolences.

8. johndtuttle

johndtuttle Senior Member

Thoughts and prayers....Godspeed.

May the bite be on for miles and miles wherever you cast John.

9. MJBFish

MJBFish Senior Member

My prayer and thoughts are going out to John and his family. Rest in peace ....

10. JIGMEISTER

JIGMEISTER Senior Member

11. max drag

max drag Senior Member

When I started really getting into jigging it was John, Randy, Sami et al. from APS/Deep Water Jigging that really inspired me. His contributions to this site and this sport will be missed greatly. Fair winds, following seas and tight lines John.

12. Wellcraft25

Wellcraft25 Site Sponsor

RIP
    Prayers for his family

13. sami G

sami G Site Sponsor

We sure shared memories and great time, i am very sorry and sadden to hear the bad news,
    May God give you mercy, my condolences to the family.

14. Sportfisherman

Sportfisherman Senior Member

Deepest condolences to his family .

Jon .

15. NO MOJO

NO MOJO Senior Member

I am in total shock. I fished with John and his brother last year on an open boat tuna trip and had no idea about any cancer. I was so impressed by his never give up attitude at the rail on a very slow day. John jigged just as hard at the end of the day as he did on the first drop. A kind humble man and a great fisherman. Deepest condolences to his family.........Greg.

16. bloodworm

bloodworm Member

John made me a better man for knowing him, and watching him fish made me a better captain. I will miss him, and will take his memories with me offshore every trip! Thank You John, Rest In Peace bud, prayers with the family

Capt Rick

17. gdc23

gdc23 Senior Member

Although I did not know John he was one of a few fisherman on this board that was truly an inspiration to me as I continue to learn about the sport. A truly great fisherman may you RIP. My prayers to the family

gdc

18. Frogfish

Frogfish Senior Member

Very sad to hear this. RIP John Flores and my condolences to his family....