360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like my dragonfly 600's, and was thinking of picking up a few lighter rigs. Looks like their website is down. What's the deal?

·
175 Posts
unfortunately, the deal is that Chris at Islanders tackle got wiped out by hurricane ike, and doesnt have a new website yet. he changed his shops location and name as well, its now called serious tackle (located in the la marque outlet mall for those locals)
his new store is about twice the size of the old and im sure he'd be glad to help you out. the email address is [email protected] and his shop phone # is 409-935-1126

hope this helps, (btw no affiliation)

·
Super Moderator
6,168 Posts
It don't matter, Hampton, just give Chris a holler @ the # Allen gave you.
He is a real straight-up guy that's fun to talk to.

FYI- I already have a 400g conventional (old version), and just bought a
new style 200g conventional that I intend to have a lot of fun with!
I guess I don't have to mention the comparative value...........;)

·
Super Moderator
6,168 Posts
I know my 400g handles 24# and still has some left.
I've test- lifted the 200g I just got & think that 20# is
about all I want to give it.
.... BUT......
A static lift test & a real fish pulling that kind of drag are 2 very different things.

·
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I spoke with him a while back when I bought my first 600 from him (black/gold with the split grip). That stick is a beast. You're right, he was fun to talk to.

I then bought one of the silver 600s with the full grip from one of the good gentlemen on this site and I like that rod even more, a bit shorter and a slightly lighter tip. I think I like the full grip better as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts