360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

How do you set the drag on the Gorilla 12C? I'm finding the preset knob extremely difficult to turn...and I dont want to force it in fear of screwing something up

·
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You wont hurt it. It is tight, but that can be looked at as good, so it wont jump around. Just put your thumbs on it from the side and push it on around.
I've been trying, but it barely budges... :confused:

·
783 Posts
I assume you have it in free spool.

D

·
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah I have it in free spool. I know how to set the drag, it's just that the pre set knob wont TURN!

·
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, looks like it was just jammed. Had a friend help me and with 4 thumbs, we were finally able to turn it. After turning it back and forth for several minutes, it has 'loosened' up. Thanks

·
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oops, I meant to say I didnt have it in free spool in the previous post. Drag is all set now. Thanks Eastern Tackle. That was one tight pre set knob for sure.

·
1,657 Posts
I'm no expert at them, but have abused one for a year now. If you have any trouble, I would not hesistate to send it to their factory in Miami.

One thing we noticed with the new one that Zack got off Bret was that you had to lift the red button on the handle now to bring it all the way back into freespool.

How is yours configured?

·
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mine is the same. it has the machined safety stop at both free spool and max, so you have to depress the red button to push to lever to either extreme (free spool and max drag)

·
1,657 Posts
They were not made that way a year ago. Originally there was a smoother transition that allowed it to come all the way back, but you had to use the button to go to max.

That has been a recent change that I personally do not like. With Zacks, we actually totally removed the red button.

Smoothness of them and power is a real pleasure. You will grow to love it.

G

·
yeah i noticed that as well. the gold reels i brought on the big e trip were angled like yours, Jim. The silver ones had the stopper like Zacks. I'm glad you guys were able to remove the button.

Actually do you or Zack mind posting it or pics if possible? maybe others can benefit from it :)

·
345 Posts
Ok, looks like it was just jammed. Had a friend help me and with 4 thumbs, we were finally able to turn it. After turning it back and forth for several minutes, it has 'loosened' up. Thanks

Holy crap!
I just got mine 5 mins ago and I thought I had a dud. The preset would barely turn. The preset on the normal Gorilla turns real easily.

I'm calmer now i've read this post. Stunning reel!

·
682 Posts
had the same problem, the best way for me is to use your palm to turn the pre-set.... i think that was there intention at alutecnos to use your palm....wierd

·
10 Posts
Just got my Gorilla 12C. Wanted to change the round knob into the rubber T-bar but I'm not able to do so. Can someone advise how to do it? Thanks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts