360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here. I have a bunch of reels I seldom use and looking to downsize but keep what would be necessary for a 7-10 day Island trip I hope to take in the future. I fish charter boats out of San Diego, 2-4 day trips and go to Palmas de Cortez every couple years. I have added a some AVET Raptors to my collection and love them. Here is what I have: Daiwa Saltist 20, Trinidad 16N, AVET JX 6/4, AVET JX Raptor, Tiagra 20II, TLD20II, Penn Int 16S Cals, Penn Int 30S, Avet HXJ Raptor, Avet HXW Raptor, Avet EX50. Question is.... now that I have the Raptors and plan on getting a HX Raptor, along with a MXL Raptor, and maybe a MXJ Raptor or G2, should I get rid of the Tiagra and TLD20II? Should I keep the Blueprinted 16S and the 30S. I know alot of you guys love Penns but to me the are big and bulky. Thoughts?

·
Registered
179 Posts
The raptors are fantastic and the hxw will easily fish 100 lb. the blue printed 16 is a super 80 lb setup and a blueprinted 30 will do 100/130 lb fine. The tld and tiagra could go and buy some seeker black steel or super seeker rods and your set for life

D-C

D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.