Dolphin Docks 36 Hr Trips???

Discussion in 'Offshore Fishing Reports' started by red34, Oct 27, 2008.

1. red34

red34 Guest

Have any of you guys been on one of these trips? Are they worth the $$. It seems to be the best price out there considering that the Galveston and Freeport boats are out of commission for now.

2. papio

papio Senior Member

That depends what boat you're going on. La Pesca skippered by Capt Ken is worth the money. Stay away from the Dolphin till the skipper and 2nd in charge get their act together. Keep in mind D/Docks will not cancel any trips unless cat 9 hurricane happens....serious....really....good luck..

3. TeamOso

TeamOso Senior Member

That depends what boat you're going on. La Pesca skippered by Capt Ken is worth the money. Stay away from the Dolphin till the skipper and 2nd in charge get their act together. Keep in mind D/Docks will not cancel any trips unless cat 9 hurricane happens....serious....really....good luck..
    Dont think Ken is there anymore, went on one last year they just gun straight out to the floaters fish all night come back. Nothing else, 24hrs cruising 12 hrs fishing.. it was alright, although the pesca isnt exactly a fish raiser did not even chum or chunk just used sardines all night for bait never cut one bf up

4. papio

papio Senior Member

Wow! D/Docks has really gone down the tubes. Maybe Capt Dean will return and bring fishermen back.

5. red34

red34 Guest

Dont think Ken is there anymore, went on one last year they just gun straight out to the floaters fish all night come back. Nothing else, 24hrs cruising 12 hrs fishing.. it was alright, although the pesca isnt exactly a fish raiser did not even chum or chunk just used sardines all night for bait never cut one bf up

that's the info i was looking for. that's how they described it on the phone, but i was hoping they were just glazing over what their trips consisted of. i wonder why would they not chunk fish up or chum while out there?

ok well here's my next question...i need a trip to go on out of texas. sounds like deep sea hdqtrs and fisherman's wharf are the only 2 options for the rest of the year. (please correct me if i'm wrong) both are approx $650-700 for 2 days. do i have any other options?

6. TeamOso

TeamOso Senior Member

that's the info i was looking for. that's how they described it on the phone, but i was hoping they were just glazing over what their trips consisted of. i wonder why would they not chunk fish up or chum while out there?

ok well here's my next question...i need a trip to go on out of texas. sounds like deep sea hdqtrs and fisherman's wharf are the only 2 options for the rest of the year. (please correct me if i'm wrong) both are approx $650-700 for 2 days. do i have any other options?
    ya the prices are right....although on the 80hrs i hear they come back with some big fish, just dont really fish right, i mean how they had their setups for TUNA fishing you would almost think you were drifting a rock for snapper in the summer hah. a 4oz weight, swivel, and j hook with sardine all of which seems off for the finicky yf IMO. id go DSH then scat cat as they havent yet done a tuna trip. dsh is awesome and usually have good deckhands as opposed to the junkies on the DD boats.

Kevin