Does "Calcutta Gold" match Trinidad Reels?

Discussion in 'Rod Building' started by red34, Dec 28, 2008.

1. red34

red34 Guest

Does the "Calcutta Gold" color from American Tackle Co. match the Trinidad Reels?

Component List for OTI 80# Conventional:

- Fuji MNSG 20-12 (8 total+tip)
    - American Graphite/Alum Reel seat Calcutta Gold
    - American gimbal Calcutta Gold
    - Shaped EVA Grips

2. txseadog

txseadog Moderator

It's very close.

BTW, I would suggest ordering a couple more #12 guides just in case the deflecting test shows you need a 1 or 2 more.

3. red34

red34 Guest

For OTI 7'6 80# Conventional:

There Mnsg's. You will need atleast 7 guides plus the tip for an acid wrap and 8 plus the tip if you don't. I think i wound up with 8 plus the tip for my static deflection I used size 20 for the stripper all the way to 12's. The tip size on mine was an 11.

d-a

I chose 8 guides when I got this response from d-a in the OTI Lounge earlier.

4. red34

red34 Guest

It's very close.

BTW, I would suggest ordering a couple more #12 guides just in case the deflecting test shows you need a 1 or 2 more.

Thank you for the color match. I'm gonna spend some time on this one, hope it comes out the way I'm picturing it!!

5. txseadog

txseadog Moderator

8 Guides may be plenty but nothing is quite as aggravating as having to stop in the middle of a build and having to wait a week for a needed component.

For OTI 7'6 80# Conventional:

I chose 8 guides when I got this response from d-a in the OTI Lounge earlier.

6. red34

red34 Guest

8 Guides may be plenty but nothing is quite as aggravating as having to stop in the middle of a build and having to wait a week for a needed component.

Agreed.

7. d-a

d-a Senior Member

8 is what worked best for me with a static test of 16lbs, but like Kevin said I always keep a few extra guides around for testing. I have also noticed that not all of the same size and make guides are the same height(not much difference but enough to notice).

d-a

8. red34

red34 Guest

It's very close.

that color match was just about perfect. thanks. i'll post pics of the build when the blank arrives.

thanks