360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen many good ideas for DIY tackle bags on 360. I see one of the big drawbacks of making a DIY functioning popper bag is the holders or tubes. Seems like there is a lot of options to find a bag to hold the tubes vertically but not the tubes. I've looked online and can find clear plastic, bottom sealed, mailer tubes. They come in thin and thick walled varieties and come with clear caps. They look perfect for this application but they usually want you to buy in bulk to get rates below $2 a tube. Im looking at 3" diameter, approx 10-12". If you have a better option in place of the tubes, let me know.

Is anyone interested in going in on the buy? Minimum lots look to be 25 but get better pricing as you go up. I was thinking of acting as the middle man with everyone sharing the initial cost and shipping and your extra costs would only be re-shipping your order. Im only looking to do one large enough order and not looking to make anything on the process.

If you are interested, PM me with your count, I'll add your name to a list. Once we get quantity, I will get the pricing and post pics of the tubes. If you want to get an idea of what Im looking at (not necessarily the chosen tube), look here: PermaSeal Plastic Tube Containers by VisiPak

·
220 Posts
so thats $2.00 for 3" diameter, approx 10-12" tube ? If so, I would like to order at least 10.

Looking for clear tubes to hold my Stretch 25's and 30's.

·
Site Sponsor
1,504 Posts
i would want the longest ones 12 or so in heavy materiel for heavy jigs,,
Keep me in the loop

·
675 Posts
Have you considered some thin walled 3" PVC drain pipe? It can be sourced locally at Lowes and is only about $6 for a 10' stick.

·
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, thought of PVC but weight and my lack of xray :rolleyes: vision made me seek other options.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts