Dining room table

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by BAOSABI, Nov 1, 2008.

1. BAOSABI

BAOSABI Senior Member

I finally found a good use for that stupid formal dining room.

Attached Files:

2. ToneyC

ToneyC Senior Member

LOL,

That's awesome dude.

3. lite-liner

lite-liner troll enforcement Staff Member

I'm actually more impressed with the use of the chandelier!

4. Fishhead56

Fishhead56 Senior Member

I like where you keep your flyers also.

Yep, the garage is for old stuff. New stuff belongs inside.
    Of course the stuff on this table is now old stuff and the
    table has seen several batches of newer stuff.
    No reaseon to stop now!
    Kev

Attached Files:

5. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

Oh lord dont let GS and Mrbill get involved in this...

6. tngbmt

tngbmt Senior Member

i feel so inadequate :(

7. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

We should do a contest , !!Who has the best Tackle display!!.
    No contest, MrBill

8. Cudakilla

Cudakilla Senior Member

Shhh...Uncle Russ might hear you!

9. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

We should do a contest , !!Who has the best Tackle display!!.
    LOL!! This is great. STxFisherman would at least place in the dining room table competition.

10. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

To my surprise, my wife asked me the other night if she could go into my fishing room and grab some stuff to decorate the table. I was confused.:confused: She's practicing for a party later this month.

When I got home I found this table setting. Her only comment to me was "Honey, do you know that I spent over one hour picking out the right colored lures. It would have taken me a lot less time if I didn't have to go through over 200 to find the right combination".:eek:

She even changed a B2-30 on a conventional 550gr Powerspell to a twinspin 20.:rolleyes: My only comment was "That reel doesn't go with that type of rod". She replied "I don't care. I was looking for another short rod. I didn't like the way that "normal reel" matched my silverware".:eek:

Attached Files:

11. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

To my surprise, my wife asked me the other night if she could go into my fishing room and grab some stuff to decorate the table. I was confused.:confused: She's practicing for a party later this month.

When I got home I found this table setting. Her only comment to me was "Honey, do you know that I spent over one hour picking out the right colored lures. It would have taken me a lot less time if I didn't have to go through over 200 to find the right combination".:eek:

She even changed a B2-30 on a conventional 550gr Powerspell to a twinspin 20.:rolleyes: My only comment was "That reel doesn't go with that type of rod". She replied "I don't care. I was looking for another short rod. I didn't like the way that "normal reel" matched my silverware".:eek:

That is a beautiful sight...
    I have never heard my wife say anything about my gear except "Can you clean that up?" and "This bag is really heavy, do we really need all of this stuff?"

12. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Well, I didn't tell the whole story. But, her and another friend is giving a bar shower for a couple getting married. The guy who I don't know, is into fishing.
    He's probably a bass fisherman. She wants me to bring home about a 100 marlin lures so she can decorated with them.

I have them all perfectly organized in a snap-on tool box at work. It is going to be a bid pita for me. She also mentioned that my fishing room was "Out of Control" and she was going to sic the maid in there. I said "NO". That's why it's locked.

13. feeder

feeder Senior Member

Next she'll have you respool your reels with braid that matches the napkins and glassware :eek:

14. Fishhead56

Fishhead56 Senior Member

"He's probably a bass fisherman".................

I was a bass fishermen once,
    As I have mentioned prior on this board from 88 to 89 I spent about 1.5 years over a 2 yr period between Kendell
    and Homestead Fl. which is of course is between Miami and the keys.
    In this time I landed over 15 bass above 6lbs and 2 above 10 lbs, released all
    but 2 which where mounted.
    I was really into it as I would fish a pond behind the county cemetary
    by the Dade water plant in Kendell during lunch and the ponds by the toll boths near Homstead for a few mins after work on the way to an area beer\ bait camp for social activities.:)
    This was worm fishing and I would devote 30 to 40 mins a week only to this effort. The weekends were spent either in the Keys or in the Glades out of Flamingo.
    I was lucky to be able to do this, it was simple, it was cool and I was in my early
    30s and wondered why locals weren't urban fishing also.
    I weighed in 1 fish 10' 9 0z and turned in the paperwork for the 1989 MET
    turny. It is kinda like the TX star turny for Maimi. It was the largest turned in that year
    I was contacted and informed that my fish was not valid as I did not have a witness or guide listed. Upon returning to Texas I soon retired as a BassFishermen.

Life has become simpler now as I only assemble saltwater tackle on the
    dinner table....:p

Kev

MR Bill your pm file is full...........

15. NEMO

NEMO Member

And the Winner go's Too?

16. Fishhead56

Fishhead56 Senior Member

I might offer from my view, that table stacking is a result of an effort, in persuit of a passion, which results in art at a simple form, :rolleyes:

Contest never!!!!

I just watched Iron Chef so I got that arts'y stuff going.:cool:

sucks not to fish today

K2

17. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

I just got home from a party. Let me just say that my wife and her friend discussed fishing decorating for over three hours.:eek:

The good thing is that I got two invitations on nice boats for floater trips. All I have to do is bring the tackle and experience. Both guys have wonderful boats but their capt's won't do overnight trips.:mad: I told them to fire um.:)
    I've got plenty of tackle for tossing poppers for at least eight people. I just hope this wasn't all whiskey talk.:mad: