360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
1,373 Posts
We should do a contest , !!Who has the best Tackle display!!.
No contest, MrBill

·
1,025 Posts
We should do a contest , !!Who has the best Tackle display!!.
LOL!! This is great. STxFisherman would at least place in the dining room table competition.

·
2,835 Posts
To my surprise, my wife asked me the other night if she could go into my fishing room and grab some stuff to decorate the table. I was confused.:confused: She's practicing for a party later this month.

When I got home I found this table setting. Her only comment to me was "Honey, do you know that I spent over one hour picking out the right colored lures. It would have taken me a lot less time if I didn't have to go through over 200 to find the right combination".:eek:

She even changed a B2-30 on a conventional 550gr Powerspell to a twinspin 20.:rolleyes: My only comment was "That reel doesn't go with that type of rod". She replied "I don't care. I was looking for another short rod. I didn't like the way that "normal reel" matched my silverware".:eek:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,569 Posts
To my surprise, my wife asked me the other night if she could go into my fishing room and grab some stuff to decorate the table. I was confused.:confused: She's practicing for a party later this month.

When I got home I found this table setting. Her only comment to me was "Honey, do you know that I spent over one hour picking out the right colored lures. It would have taken me a lot less time if I didn't have to go through over 200 to find the right combination".:eek:

She even changed a B2-30 on a conventional 550gr Powerspell to a twinspin 20.:rolleyes: My only comment was "That reel doesn't go with that type of rod". She replied "I don't care. I was looking for another short rod. I didn't like the way that "normal reel" matched my silverware".:eek:

That is a beautiful sight...
I have never heard my wife say anything about my gear except "Can you clean that up?" and "This bag is really heavy, do we really need all of this stuff?"

·
2,835 Posts
Well, I didn't tell the whole story. But, her and another friend is giving a bar shower for a couple getting married. The guy who I don't know, is into fishing.
He's probably a bass fisherman. She wants me to bring home about a 100 marlin lures so she can decorated with them.

I have them all perfectly organized in a snap-on tool box at work. It is going to be a bid pita for me. She also mentioned that my fishing room was "Out of Control" and she was going to sic the maid in there. I said "NO". That's why it's locked.

·
1,086 Posts
"He's probably a bass fisherman".................

I was a bass fishermen once,
As I have mentioned prior on this board from 88 to 89 I spent about 1.5 years over a 2 yr period between Kendell
and Homestead Fl. which is of course is between Miami and the keys.
In this time I landed over 15 bass above 6lbs and 2 above 10 lbs, released all
but 2 which where mounted.
I was really into it as I would fish a pond behind the county cemetary
by the Dade water plant in Kendell during lunch and the ponds by the toll boths near Homstead for a few mins after work on the way to an area beer\ bait camp for social activities.:)
This was worm fishing and I would devote 30 to 40 mins a week only to this effort. The weekends were spent either in the Keys or in the Glades out of Flamingo.
I was lucky to be able to do this, it was simple, it was cool and I was in my early
30s and wondered why locals weren't urban fishing also.
I weighed in 1 fish 10' 9 0z and turned in the paperwork for the 1989 MET
turny. It is kinda like the TX star turny for Maimi. It was the largest turned in that year
I was contacted and informed that my fish was not valid as I did not have a witness or guide listed. Upon returning to Texas I soon retired as a BassFishermen.

Life has become simpler now as I only assemble saltwater tackle on the
dinner table....:p

Kev

MR Bill your pm file is full...........

·
1,086 Posts
I might offer from my view, that table stacking is a result of an effort, in persuit of a passion, which results in art at a simple form, :rolleyes:

Contest never!!!!

I just watched Iron Chef so I got that arts'y stuff going.:cool:

sucks not to fish today

K2

·
2,835 Posts
I just got home from a party. Let me just say that my wife and her friend discussed fishing decorating for over three hours.:eek:

The good thing is that I got two invitations on nice boats for floater trips. All I have to do is bring the tackle and experience. Both guys have wonderful boats but their capt's won't do overnight trips.:mad: I told them to fire um.:)
I've got plenty of tackle for tossing poppers for at least eight people. I just hope this wasn't all whiskey talk.:mad:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts