360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for info of Marquises Islands, Tahiti and Bassas da India off Mozambique channel ?
I am searching for a good GT and dogtooth destination next year, and Marquises islands and Bassas da India are candidates along with Northern Mariana.

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
looks like one of those wierd crystal things they sell at trinket shops in the mall....unreal color.
When they say, fly fishermen catch big GT there, I got to consider the place for my future 'must' destination. :)

·
1,553 Posts
ha ha that fly rod has a stella on it, lol. jk. that is a big GT!. and those exotic places must be amazing to fish. beautiful scenery and big powerful fish.

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ha ha that fly rod has a stella on it, lol. jk. that is a big GT!. and those exotic places must be amazing to fish. beautiful scenery and big powerful fish.
Brian, I couldn't find any picture of fly rod/GT. :)

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
there sure are a lot of beautiful places on this earth.....rick
That is true. It is not just fishing. It is an adventure to unknow places.

·
1,553 Posts
sharks on the fly is some of the coolest fishing that can be`done! i couldnt image a GT on a fly rod, esp the bigger ones. they must be catching them on flats or open water since even the biggest fly reels have relatively weak drags and would get reefed quick!

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sharks on the fly is some of the coolest fishing that can be`done! i couldnt image a GT on a fly rod, esp the bigger ones. they must be catching them on flats or open water since even the biggest fly reels have relatively weak drags and would get reefed quick!

It looks most fishes including sharks in shallow water within casting range.

·
1,553 Posts
56hr ride to get to bassas! 200 a day is not bad either. this is the first ive heard of this place. pics look great though

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
56hr ride to get to bassas! 200 a day is not bad either. this is the first ive heard of this place. pics look great though
It is not $200 a day. It is like $280 - $300 a day.
There are 9 days trip and 12 days trip and you have 4 days fishing time for 9 days trip.
I know Matsutani san showed interest in fishing Mozambique Channel.
I just found out he might fish Marquises Islands next year.

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Kil,
you might want to consider Madagascar or Djibouti,
the report is been solid in the past couple of years,
Djibouti is on the top of my list.
Hi Sami,
Nicola of caranx.net told me said fishing is great in Madagascar.
I'll check Djibouti.

I should have gone to New Caledonia or Kadabu, Fiji two - three years ago.
Once they are publicized, usually it is not it used to be. :)

·
Wannabe Tuna Fisherman
1,814 Posts
Kil,
you might want to consider Madagascar or Djibouti,
the report is been solid in the past couple of years,
Djibouti is on the top of my list.

You know what the capital of Djibouti is?
:D

·
620 Posts
Bassas is Dinosaur country for sure.... had a couple mates and clients fish their recently... SHarks are insane, but so are the fish....

Madagascar should not be overlooked.... I know of two recent trips by clients of mine that each had a 100 GT in one session between 5 anglers...

Kil - When are you planning for Bassas?

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Bassas is Dinosaur country for sure.... had a couple mates and clients fish their recently... SHarks are insane, but so are the fish....

Madagascar should not be overlooked.... I know of two recent trips by clients of mine that each had a 100 GT in one session between 5 anglers...

Kil - When are you planning for Bassas?
I am contactiong the charter operation now.
You have only 4 days fishing from 9 days trip and it cost about $2700 excluding airfares and incidental cost.
I saw some boats with divers catch fish with spear guns. :confused:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts