360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two Spots Available for DFW Tuna Dudes and/or Dude-ettes.

I currently have a Venice private charter (ReelPeace, Capt. Devlin Roussel) booked for Thursday and Friday, February 11 and 12 to pursue Wahoo and YFT. Two people had to pull out of the trip due to economic turmoil, hence the open spots. Last winter we caught some great fish, especially Wahoo. The 3 people currently going are moderate to very experienced.

The plan is to leave DFW on Wednesday, February 10 and drive to Venice. I have a cabin reserved at Venice Marina for 3 nights which comfortably sleeps 5. After we slaughter the fish on Thursday and Friday (coming back to sleep in comfortable beds each night), we’ll return to DFW on Saturday. We’ve done this trip before, and it’s well planned out, and certainly not rushed. Our main goal, though, is to Have Fun!

I have estimated the cost of the trip to be $1,100 each, and this estimate is based upon very conservative assumptions. This cost estimate includes:
i. Charter
ii. Gratuity
iii. Boat Fuel
iv. Cabin at Venice Marina, including all Taxes
v. Ice at the Marina to ice down our catch
vi. Louisiana Fishing License
vii. Fuel to Drive to Venice
viii. Lunches on the Water

For those fishermen who do not drive with us, I can calculate a special budget for you, but of course you’ll have to get yourselves to Venice. Or, if you’re flying in to New Orleans, we should be able to coordinate, and we may be able to pick you up at the airport. One of the guys going on the trip will get himself from Houston to Venice, so at the most there will be 4 on the drive from DFW to Venice.

Since this is a private charter, you do NOT have to have any equipment; Capt. Devlin has first-class equipment well suited for the task. So, for bluewater Newbies, this is a great way to ‘get your feet wet’, so to speak…..

As stated above, the cost estimate is very conservative, and whatever money is left over will be split evenly between the participants. For our July trip the refund was $267 each. The wildcard for the cost estimate is the cost of fuel for the boat; as you know, gas can go up or down by $0.15 each week….The only things not included in the cost estimates are (1) drinks and (2) meals at the marina each morning and evening.

So, for those interested, please contact me via e-mail ([email protected]), or you can give me a ring on the cell (214-577-7625).

Tight Lines, Bubbas

1 - 1 of 1 Posts