delta blue sport fishing ''COUGAR''

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by crazyjigr, Aug 29, 2009.

1. crazyjigr

crazyjigr Senior Member

Has anyone been out with this charter service out of venice LA the boat seems perfect for jigging and popping the are one of the few boats down there able to take more than a 6 pack and the rates are great compared to others down there.

2. txseadog

txseadog Moderator

Has anyone been out with this charter service out of venice LA the boat seems perfect for jigging and popping the are one of the few boats down there able to take more than a 6 pack and the rates are great compared to others down there.

I caught my first tuna on that boat and made a lot of day trips on it when Capt Stanley ran it in the early 90's. It's perfect for 10-12 folks on a day trip so 6 would be about right on a over-nighter. If my memory is correct, it had 4 - 6 bunks below decks, a padded bench around the front & side of the cabin and seating for 6-8 at tables at the rear of the cabin.

It has a aluminum hull and will do 20-22 knots. It's sister The Early Bird has a steel hull and was a few knots slower.

The only downside is they are/were docked in Empire which adds about 15 miles or so to the trip to blue water. Also, Captain John use to have a repulation for being a little harder to work with than his dad.

That said, I'd fish with them again.

3. crazyjigr

crazyjigr Senior Member

I talked to Capt John here are the highlights. Boat cruises at 17kt $220 p/p for extended day trip, $350 for an overnighter for 10 people.
    I belive he said he docked in venice marina that where I've seen him the last 4 years dropping off at.
    Accomodations are head,4 bunks below, 2 tables w benches and a couple more benches says there is plenty of room for 10, grill.
    Casting and jigging is allowed all around the rail, boat is 45' and from the limited pictures it seems to have a decent beam.
    He seemed very easy to deal with and was excited to accomodate requests to fish how I wanted.
    Boat has lighting for night fishing
    If anyone else has input let us know as I'd like to set up some tuna/wahoo trips for jan/feb.