deer in neighborhood

Discussion in 'HUNTING' started by LEXPRO, Oct 24, 2009.

1. LEXPRO

LEXPRO Senior Member

My neighborhood has about 50 deer running around. Im in richmond in Royal Lakes. Could i shoot one with a bow or is that illegal? I cant find anything on the web about it.

2. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

people in my neighborhood growing up (PA) used to hire bow hunters to waste some of them every now and then since there were so many it was dangerous. any come onto your property?

3. LEXPRO

LEXPRO Senior Member

All over my lot.. im on a acre lot that backs to a creek. I just bought the house but it was built in 05 and all the shrubs look like they are newly planted because i think they nibble them down.

people in my neighborhood growing up (PA) used to hire bow hunters to waste some of them every now and then since there were so many it was dangerous. any come onto your property?

4. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

i think you can do what you like on your lot (id hope, since it is yours).........im not sure how they got permits and everything ubt i know they killed a ton of deer on my friends lot in the same neighborhood.

5. chf1949

chf1949 Senior Member

I'd argue, if anyone asked, that they are just large rodents destroying your vegitation. Take 'em out like you would a rat.

6. gimmedeal

gimmedeal Senior Member

I've counted as many as 100 of these in my front yard. This is alongside my driveway.
    View attachment 9087

They eat everything if they get hungry enough. The subdivison was an exotic game ranch before it was subdivided in to acreage lots and all the game was left intact. Multiple hundreds of blackbuck antelope and axis deer.

Fred

Attached Files:

• Axis.jpg
      Axis.jpg
      File size:
      205.7 KB
      Views:
  7. lite-liner

lite-liner troll enforcement Staff Member

:D I'd be buyin an extra freezer.:D :D

8. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

put a poisonous salt lick out there....

9. cabosandinh

cabosandinh Moderator

I think the law says that you can shoot deer if they're destroying your crop/and or property .... one catch ... you have the let them lay,
    meaning you can not harvest the carcass

10. red34

red34 Guest

That is very cool problem to have. Better than what I have rummaging through my front yard...