1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Captain of ‘Deadliest Catch’ ship suffers stroke
by Associated Press

Posted on February 1, 2010 at 11:10 PM

SEATTLE -- The Seattle-based captain of the “Deadliest Catch” fishing vessel Cornelia Marie has been flown to Anchorage after suffering a stroke while the boat was in port at St. Paul Island, Alaska.

According to the vessel’s Web site, Capt. Phil Harris was stricken Friday night. Harris was flown to Anchorage and underwent surgery over the weekend. His sons, Josh and Jake, joined him there.
The Web site account says it may be some time before “anything substantial” is known about Harris’ condition.
The Discovery Channel reality show depicts the crab fishing industry in the dangerous waters off Alaska.
The Web site reports a family friend, Derek Ray, has flown to St. Paul to take over the role of relief skipper for the rest of the opilio crab season.

·
2,024 Posts
man, thats sad news. I love watching that program. they make it seem as if you are right there with them, through the thick and the thin.

·
225 Posts
I hope he's ok....he's a tough guy, but that is pretty damn hard to recover from. My thoughts and prayers with him and his family

·
Wannabe Tuna Fisherman
1,814 Posts
Wasn't it less than a year ago he had that blood clot that went through his heart?
Just shows what sitting all day, smoking cigarettes, drinking caffeine and eating like crap will do to anyone. Too bad.

·
12 Posts
The program won't be the same without him. He was a our favorite. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family, and crew.

·
78 Posts
Was watching t.v. today, apparently Captain Phil passed away, or at least that's what the commercial was implying. Such a loss he was also one of my favorites on the show.

·
1,703 Posts
They recently aired the episode where the broke the news to the fleet. Man, that was heart wrenching. Plain as day all those guys are brothers and they took the loss heavily. Tough watchin his kids go through that.

RIP

·
364 Posts
Talk about "reality" TV. Tonight's episode was tough. They haven't aired the episode when he dies yet, but it can't be far off............

1 - 20 of 20 Posts