Day or night?

Discussion in 'Reef fish' started by TeamOso, May 21, 2007.

1. TeamOso

TeamOso Senior Member

My cousin is coming into town, and he was not able to make the 48hr we planned to go on in December, so I am persuading my mom to let us go on a 12hr.
    They are coming in on Saturday so I dont think a weekday trip is possible.
    Question is if a night trip on a 12hr with Dolphin DOcks, DSH, or Fisherman's Wharf would have less people.
    He did not have a favorable experience on his first trip offshore ever with me last year haha.

Also which one would be the best bet? DSH, DD, or scat cat.

Kevin

2. Ross

Ross Member

I wouldn't waste my time or money on a 12hr. night trip, just my personal opinion and experience.

DSH or DD is the only way to go. I prefer DSH, but have had good trips with DD when I've used them.

3. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

Night trips are a waste of money and if anybody is prone to seasickness they will be at night.

4. TeamOso

TeamOso Senior Member

So a day trip would be better or a 12hr in general isnt worth it?
    I havent had much luck on the 8 or 12s either, but its experience, and its offshore, and my aunt is gonna shell for it:D

Kevin

5. Bret

Bret Senior Member

I havent had much luck on the 8 or 12s either, but its experience, and its offshore, and my aunt is gonna shell for it:D

Kevin

Sounds like you guys will be going on a 12hr day trip... good luck and let us know how you do...

6. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

Kevin

Yes.
    Much of your "luck" depends on the captian and if it's a walkon or charter.

7. TeamOso

TeamOso Senior Member

alright well if a day trip is doable Ill get on one.
    just out of curiousity why is a night trip bad?

8. jaredchasteen

jaredchasteen Senior Member

DO NOT TAKE A NIGHT TRIP. It is the worst fishing trip they sell. Night trips are no good, the fishing isnt good, ajs dont bite well at night. All you will get is undersized snapper and sharks.

9. TeamOso

TeamOso Senior Member

Alright, well I dont know cant find any trips I guess Ill just go by myself, maybe some guys on a private boat will post up this weekend for crew or something.

10. Can you get on a day trip on the Dolphin Express? I haven't had much luck on the night trips unless it was a 24-hr plus trip. There might be room on a 40-hour on the Dolphin for the weekend. Just a thought.

Phantom Fisherman

11. TeamOso

TeamOso Senior Member

not gonna happen this weekend im going to lake travis and spending the weekend at my friends lakehouse

12. TeamOso

TeamOso Senior Member

o but if any of u guys in corpus got some ideas on where to apply for a lifeguard that would be great.
    ive applied jsut about everywhere imaginable, i think, any that can shed light please