360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(new threads anyway) and that was a post selling sumpin...........

well let me go....... i've searched the forum for the Goriila 12C and could not find anything about spectra line capacity..... only for the wider 12

anyone know what the 12C will hold of..... oh, say 65, 80, or even 100#?

got one in yestudee...... (WOOHOO!!!)...... nice little suckah i must say

(and oh yeah!,...... i already know what al-tuna-cans sez about it's 50# line capacity)

come'on-now........ someone's bound to've actually spooled-one-up by now and has 1st-hand knowledge :D

G

·
dont quote me on this but i believe the 12C holds about 360yds of OTI 60lb. Hopefully Dan (Boston Tangler) will chime in. He spooled his 12Cs with it for panama so he should have a good idea.

If nothing else I'm going to spool the reels for the November trip with OTI line and we'll likely have some gorilla 12, 12C, 20 and a 30W so I'll have a better idea at that time :)

·
5,457 Posts
I never understood why a company would make a reel with such limited line capacity on a reel that puts out 40lbs of drag.

d-a

·
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i believe the 12C holds about 360yds of OTI 60lb

dang!..... that'd be great!

as-you-know, i don't have any experience in dealling with little conventionals (and/or big spinners for-that-matter).......

and because i don't have any experience with spectra over 50lbs, i don't trust their knots and wanna use as-heavy-o'line as possible...... but if it has that kind o'capacity of 60, it looks like i might squeek by with 80 and still get enough on there and justify that 40lbs o'drag thingy they claim it has

looks like i'd come up short w/100# line tho........... (bummer :( )

thanx

·
66 Posts
Just took delivery of a 12C myself. It's a really good looking, solid feeling reel. I'm considering 60# JB hollow or 50# JB solid.

·
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I never understood why a company would make a reel with such limited line capacity on a reel that puts out 40lbs of drag.

d-a

italyuns........... whatcha gonna do

they sell us cars that'll do 300 mph when we only have a 70 mph speed limit

·
3,483 Posts

d-a

'cause sometimes you need to stop a fish from rocking/reefing you and breaking you off in the first 10 yards of it's run but the fish does not have the endurance to peel off even 50 yards of line.

1. Cubera and other Pargo (the big ones can't be stopped with 50lbs of drag but their run is only the short distance back to their cave).
2. Groupers of all kinds

etc.

:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts