Daiwa Saltiga Pencil Popper

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by Castmaster, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Castmaster

Castmaster Senior Member

Picked this up yesterday. Looks nice. Will try it out for yellowtails and WSB.

Specs:
    Length: 7 inches
    Type: Floating
    Weight: 2 1/8 oz
    Connections: Thru-wire

Side view
    [​IMG]

Top View
    [​IMG]

The hollow mouth.
    [​IMG]

Pics of the gill rakes where water would exit.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. d-a

d-a Senior Member

I have some and there nice.

d-a

3. Enoch

Enoch Senior Member

Nice pick up!

In Japan this lure is super famous and probably most popular. Actually they are the number 1 popper and mostly used for mahi mahi. Some record sie mahi have been taken by this same lure.

Daiwa saltiga popper is a go to popper.

4. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

those look very good. nice weight to them also

5. Castmaster

Castmaster Senior Member

Yup I was surprised when the box said Made in Japan, and not some other SE asian country. I had my local tackle shop order it at the Daiwa main office near where I live. Sucks that they only deal with retailers. I saved on shipping though.

6. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

i believe all saltiga products, except for rods, are japanese made. even the saltiga bass lures are expensive.

7. Castmaster

Castmaster Senior Member

I really was trying to order the Saltiga Slider. I didn't realize that I made a mistake when I copied the model number from the Daiwa catalog and gave it to the tackle shop to order. When I came in to pick it up at first I was disappointed that I made a mistake. But after close scrutiny of the pencil popper I was stoked. :) A mistake turned good.

8. d-a

d-a Senior Member

The local BPS(Ga)has some in the bargin area, there all red but @$5 you can't go wrong.

d-a