Daiwa saltiga boat braid

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by rance, Mar 25, 2009.

1. rance

rance Senior Member

Tackletogo.com your source for fishing tackle, boating, beach and marine products. has 500 m of daiwa saltiga boat braid (80#/PE 6) for 49.95. Everyone else is getting 49.95 for 300 m of (80#/PE 6) They also have Stella 20000 STL FA (I guess thats last years model) for 699.00. Don't know if thats a good price for that model Stella, but I know the line is a great price. I have not dealt with them before, but I did purchase the line, so I will let you know how it goes. If anyone has dealt with them before, please let me know if they are a reliable company..........Thanks.........Rance!

2. lordhell

lordhell Moderator

The only 500m spool I've ever seen for Daiwa Boat Braid is the 100lb and 150lb lines, the 80lb and 55lb lines come in 300m spool. I may be wrong, but that's from searching for it everywhere online...

$700 is not a good price for the 20kFA, you can buy the new 20kSW for that price on ebay.

LOL, Crooks & Crooks... the name sure sounds pretty fishy... :D

3. rance

rance Senior Member

It is the just fit pack for the SB500 FE Reel. The 300 meter 80# is for the SB300 FE. I too have never seen it before, but I did check, and the 300 m just fit pack is always for the 300 FE. This one says 500 m for the 500 FE. Hope it's not a rip. Crook and Crook did it make seem as though they were letting you know ahead of time, LOL. I will let you know how it turns out.

4. lordhell

lordhell Moderator

Post back and let us know what u get from them!

5. rance

rance Senior Member

6. CaptEddie

CaptEddie Site Sponsor

Ive bought stuff from them before a long time ago and we didnt have any problems. The name is kinda funny though.

7. John_Madison CT

John_Madison CT Senior Member

Capt Eddie: Say hi to Capt Hoop for me. Tell him John from Madison says hello.

8. rance

rance Senior Member

I did buy the advertised 500m spool of 80# daiwa boat braid. The payment had already been completed when I called them this morning and asked them to double check and make sure it was a 500m spool. It was not, it was only 300m of line. I asked them politely to check there web page, an they agreed that it was advertised as a 500m spool. They ended up selling me the 150 LB. 500m spool of boat braid ( that was the smallest diameter line they had in a 500m spool) for 74.95 since they had listed the add improperly. that was nice of them, they didn't have to. So crook and crook weren't crooked. The line has already been shipped. I have my tracking # , and should receive it on friday. just in time for my trip to venice, and a day of fishing with Capt. Eddie.

9. Angler Systems

Angler Systems Senior Member

I did buy the advertised 500m spool of 80# daiwa boat braid. The payment had already been completed when I called them this morning and asked them to double check and make sure it was a 500m spool. It was not, it was only 300m of line. I asked them politely to check there web page, an they agreed that it was advertised as a 500m spool. They ended up selling me the 150 LB. 500m spool of boat braid ( that was the smallest diameter line they had in a 500m spool) for 74.95 since they had listed the add improperly. that was nice of them, they didn't have to. So crook and crook weren't crooked. The line has already been shipped. I have my tracking # , and should receive it on friday. just in time for my trip to venice, and a day of fishing with Capt. Eddie.

Good stuff for sure!