360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
879 Posts
The daiwa rods are just the first jump in to the spj rods. They are light and have a great bend.. I have fished the light one and i like the action but jumped right in to some higher end rods. The light one was kinda like fishing a pieces of wet pasta. If your looking to get in to it i would say the grappler rods or temple reef elevate would be a great starting rod for about the same price... Or just jump in to the higher ends rods because you are gonna end up buying the good ones anyways

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sale $650. Call me: 9546847733
Saltiga SPJ is $599.99 and the Harrier SPJ is $199.99!
$ reel , rod, braid $65 + tax = $ 900. But i sale combo $ 650 , ship $ 40 for both rod and reel. I have paper work for reel, rod . 5 years Warranty service reel and rod lifetime 5 years . I print things for you. And ship to you.
- if someone buy them. I send usp pictures shipping label before someone pay for me. I work very trustfuly.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The daiwa rods are just the first jump in to the spj rods. They are light and have a great bend.. I have fished the light one and i like the action but jumped right in to some higher end rods. The light one was kinda like fishing a pieces of wet pasta. If your looking to get in to it i would say the grappler rods or temple reef elevate would be a great starting rod for about the same price... Or just jump in to the higher ends rods because you are gonna end up buying the good ones anyways
That's helpful info. I will probably get a grappler or a temple reef for lighter jigs, fish for beeliners and snapper, and get higher end rods for heavier jigs and a bit more serious fishing. I do always end up looking at the higher quality stuff anyway.

·
2,163 Posts
I just started to try out SPJ and my lessons so far were pay attention to what people tell you, what you read as well as the directions that may come with the rod. First SPJ rod broke on the first hook up due to operator error, don't lift with a noodle rod. I ended up choosing Hearty Rise for my next two rods, first was the Slow Jigging lll Tokayo power range 3 and it is a heavy duty work horse because this rod is strong enough to let you pump like a regular rod. The Slow Jigging lll power range 1 was the second one I bought and I've had no issues with #50 AJ, biggest caught on it so far, again this rod lets you pump and lift like a regular rod. The advantage with rods like this is that you can fight the fish with the rod and reel instead of just the reel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts