Daiwa Customer Service?

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by Sea Crappie, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Sea Crappie

Sea Crappie Senior Member

Anyone have experience w/ Daiwa USA servicing JDM reels? I'm sure the warranty doesn't apply, I just want to make use I can get the reels serviced / repaired as needed.

2. Sea Crappie

Sea Crappie Senior Member

Anybody sent a JDM reel to Daiwa USA for servicing? No Ishidais, Certate HCs, Dogfights out there that needed work?

3. lordhell

lordhell Moderator

I asked Daiwa USA about servicing a Dog Fight, they replied asking the unit to be sent in to them, they would service it. I was just doing a bit of probing before buying a DF. I would suggest you goto daiwa.com and send them email regarding servicing your JDM reel.

4. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

get with jaime at daiwa. the JDM models are essentially the same as the US versions. internal parts are interchangeable/identical. i beleive they are all made in the same place anyway.

5. Angler Systems

Angler Systems Senior Member

FYI.....Daiwa has a manufactures forum on the Florida Sportsman Web site. It is a great place to ask questions and they are answered directly by someone at Daiwa.

6. jiggawhat

jiggawhat Senior Member

You beat me too it usually the guy gets back with you the next day.The last post i saw about warrenty said its ok for service but the parts might be a little diffrent(i e Saltiga dogfight gears and pinion if i recall).Looks like no problem with service.