360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi am wondering if anyone runs either of these reels with a pe 10 setup, daiwa states they hold 300m of pe 8 however I have read on taslines website (the brand of braid I plan on getting) that people have fit 370m of pe 8 on these reels, wondering if I can fit 300m of pe10, haven't managed to find anything online talking about the line capacity of these reels for pe 10 0.545mm so any help is appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
pe10/300meters!!?.Are you trying to convert 6500 size spool to 8000?o_O.......That's more than a little magic!.
You could increase width diam 6-8mm/+10% in the lower part of spool by putting ADHESIVE TAPE!?o_O:confused: (more braid there, put MORE WASHERS and the spool is higher)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pe10/300meters!!?.Are you trying to convert 6500 size spool to 8000?o_O.......That's more than a little magic!.
You could increase width diam 6-8mm/+10% in the lower part of spool by putting ADHESIVE TAPE!?o_O:confused: (more braid there, put MORE WASHERS and the spool is higher)
I was planning to use tape anyway, so maybe if 300m is a stretch do you think 250m pe 10 would fit, I've heard these spools actually hold a decent but more than stated but I can find exactly how much more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts