Cypress Springs (east Texas near Mt Vernon)

Discussion in 'Freshwater fishing reports' started by SkeeterRonnie, Apr 2, 2007.

1. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

Wife and I went down saturday night and stayed in the camper. We fished sunday for 3-4 hours with about 30-40 crappie. We kept 10 of the larger ones (13-15"). They were all over the shallow pillars on the ends of the bridge. Wasnt much action on the brushpiles- just a ton of 6-7" babies... LOL!! Its kinda amusing when I catch smaller fish like that and think "man... some good AJ bait!!" LOL! :D
    Reluctantly came home and started the "work week cycle" over again... Come on Lotto Texas!!!!!:cool:

2. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Sounds like yall had a nice weekend..

3. SkeeterRonnie

we went back last weekend... we fished all over saturday with 10 keepers for a half day... then sunday we spent a good 6 hours under the bridge.. the wind had them stacked in one position under the bridge... we caught 25 keepers and called it a day. we were catching 4-5 smaller ones per each keeper- so it was a VERY exciting day!!! heres the catch before bagging them up for the freezer.... LOL!

[​IMG]

4. jaredchasteen

jaredchasteen Senior Member

Those are damn nice filets.

5. SkeeterRonnie

wait until Benbrook kicks off... Double what you see above in less than 4 hours....

6. jaredchasteen

jaredchasteen Senior Member

ronnie,
    call me i live 5 mins from the lake.

7. SkeeterRonnie

you and Pope, and little man- have a seat in the boat.. i will handle all of us. I will contact yall when it kicks off. Little man is gonna have to fish this time though.. lol.