360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my rod from Paul at JPR. Ordered an OTI Tuna Sniper 40-60 with full cork grips. Exactly what I wanted! Went down to the lake behind my house and was able to launch a 5 oz popper a mile, probably scared most of the bass in the lake.

The service that Paul provided was fantastic, seeing how I called him short notice (12 days ago), to complete this project before I ship out for Monrovia, Liberia for 2 years. I'll be living right on the beach so hopefully this rod will get to see a LOT of action, and have some good action photos to post in the coming months! Thanks again Paul, great job.
Here's a few photos, hopefully the next ones I post will have fish attached to it!

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad13/JW67_photo/Custom%20Rod/DSCN1287.jpg

·
649 Posts
Very nice Johnny, just make sure you get some big plastics for that surf; you are going to have a blast big time with that rod. Looks very similar to my Graph-cast 1.

·
804 Posts
Thing I like about rods with cork grips is the luck they absorb. Seems like my favorite inshore rods are the ones with grundge on them. i also think they are more sensitive too. Now I wish my snipers had cork.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts