Custom Rods

Discussion in 'Rod Building' started by TarponDaddy, Mar 18, 2008.

1. TarponDaddy

TarponDaddy Junior member

Hello everybody just wanted to drop in and say hello.
    Well I was looking at some of the custom rods you guys built, and I got to say pretty nice. I had built a few surfrods in the last couple of years, and now starting to get into the weaving end of it, man what a mess.
    But anyhow here are a few pics of the rods I did, enjoy.

Love The Wife, Live Long, And Fish Harder

Attached Files:

2. STx Fisherman

STx Fisherman Senior Member

Nice looking rods. I am going to be building a few rods for special purposes...(mainly jigging). It is tedious work...but when you finish a rod you end up wanting to build another.

3. Atlantaking

Atlantaking Member

Good looking rods. What blanks are those? What do they throw?

4. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

tarpon daddy - youlive in pearland? if so - i just saw you towing your boat :)

5. TarponDaddy

TarponDaddy Junior member

Well thanks on the rods. And yes you do I now own about 7 surfrods and getting ready to build some boat rods, go figure

Well the top three are Harringtons 552
    the others or Sea Magics, one 9' the other 10' wich you can get at Ilanders in Galveston for about $70.00 or $80.00
    I throw a P388,P344,P447,P454 Newells and every now and then a Jigmaster.

And sorry guy I don't live in, I live on the northwest side of town, if you know where hwy 6 and west littleyork is thats where I am. But I wished it was me heading out in the boat, dang gas to freaking high.

Love The Wife, Live Long, And Fish Hard

6. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

I wished it was me heading out in the boat, dang gas to freaking high.

Yea, it cost me $127.46 to fill up my diesel truck this morning. Lately I've been burning about 1 1/2 tanks a week.:mad: This afternoon I got a phone call from a buddy at the coast for Spring Break to talk about fishing this weekend.

He filled up his boat today after fishing. Fisherman's Wharf's Diesel was $4.65 a gallon. He needed 714 gallons :eek: :eek: I'm having second thoughts about going now. I normally pay for half of the fuel.