custom rod pic's.

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by hatidua, Aug 15, 2008.

1. hatidua

hatidua Senior Member

I've had a lot of things custom-made in the past (boats, pistols, rods, etc) and occasionally things don't turn out nearly as well as hoped. Well, I received a FedEx tube today containing two custom-wrapped rods and I was VERY VERY IMPRESSED! I've had my share of custom rods in the past and these are as nice as I've had.

A number of months ago, Forum member "Anuvat" posted some photos of a Smith 80P/35 blank that he had wrapped himself. I posted that "this doesn't look like the first rod you've wrapped" - gross understatement but Andy and I have been emailing back and forth for a while so I wasn't too worried how it would be taken online.

A while back I took a rod of his to Mexico and fished it. He'll have to fill in the details but it had a really nice action to it. Anyhow, I'm into "spares" so he wrapped two for me, one is rated PE3-6 and the other is rated PE4-8. As I like uniformity, the only distinguishing feature between them is one reddish/gold thread on one where a bluish/silver thread is on the other and an extra blue stripe on one butt near the gimbal.

For those that can appreciate very nicely wrapped rods, here's a peek at my two new rods (please direct all questions to Anuvat, he knows the details, I just want to fish 'em!) -

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ichibahn

ichibahn ** Pak Lurah **

Great job Andy !!!!
    Love those Matagi ring, it took me months to order those kind of rings.

3. hatidua

hatidua Senior Member

Let's just say I know who is going to be wrapping all my future custom rods ;)

4. crazyjigr

crazyjigr Senior Member

Those two rods are off the charts nice!

5. Capt Richie

Capt Richie Site Sponsor

Let's just say I know who is going to be wrapping all my future custom rods ;)

If your happy with his work stay with him..The more rods he make for you..The better he gets at knowing what you want...:)

They look great & smith is a good blank........

6. txseadog

txseadog Moderator

Very nice detail.

7. Pope

Pope Senior Member

Extremely nice detail. All the way to the grips. Good job!

8. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

Beautiful rods!!