Custom Rod Builders

Discussion in 'Rod Building' started by rtran, Jun 25, 2008.

1. rtran

rtran Senior Member

Guys,

I would like to get a custom rod built for me but do not know of any builders other than JPR. If you guys could recommend any good builders at good prices chime in.

Rich

2. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

Armbreaker or BarBar tackle are both good builders also. I have one of both and they have both caught fish and are very sweet rods. One an OTI 2 piece that I had build conventional. Its my favorite rod.

3. rtran

rtran Senior Member

What are their contact informations? I am currently talking to JPR and he seems he got exactly what I need. Do not know cost yet though!

4. BIGFISH4YOU

BIGFISH4YOU Guest

5. JerseyBrian

JerseyBrian Senior Member

Hey Rich, I would go with Paul from JPR. I had a 50lb OTI spinner made by him which I'm picking up tonight....can't wait! I know Nick and Glenn have been very satisfied with their JPR rods as well, maybe they can chime in.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. LEXPRO

LEXPRO Senior Member

Nice rod Brian..

7. Muddskipper

Muddskipper Senior Member

DUDE....you really need to give Don Savage with Savage Rods a call...

832. 971. 3050

He knows his stuff, and can make you anything you want....

I have a couple of custom Calstar rods.....cant say enough about him, and his craftsmanship.....

8. ALW

ALW Senior Member

Nice rod. What is the cost?

9. rtran

rtran Senior Member

DUDE....you really need to give Don Savage with Savage Rods a call...

832. 971. 3050

He knows his stuff, and can make you anything you want....

I have a couple of custom Calstar rods.....cant say enough about him, and his craftsmanship.....

Will give him a call.

10. rtran

rtran Senior Member

HELLO, I HAVE EIGHT OF RONS JIGGING RODS AND ALL OF THEM ARE FANTASTIC.. THEY HAVE BEEN PUT THROUGH THE BIG FISH TEST..CHECK THEM OUT ON EBAY UNDER JIGGING RODS [BAR BAR TACKLE] OR BaR-BaR Tackle, home of quality, affordable custom saltwater fishing rods. Including planner, deep drop, teaser, kite and dredge rods. Trolling, stand-up, spinning, boat, and jigging rods. White marlin, tuna, halibut, shark, grouper, stripper and sna .. RON STANDS BEHIND IS RODS AND IS A GREAT GUY...

too heavy for my taste.

11. rtran

rtran Senior Member

Armbreaker or BarBar tackle are both good builders also. I have one of both and they have both caught fish and are very sweet rods. One an OTI 2 piece that I had build conventional. Its my favorite rod.

Arm breaker offers great price but I don't know if I am a fan of the liquid looking wrap.

12. Capt Richie

Capt Richie Site Sponsor

Rich if you still looking for a rod builder send me a PM...

13. paul708

paul708 Site Sponsor

I am currently talking to JPR and he seems he got exactly what I need. Do not know cost yet though!
    yeah got all the OTI stuff and prices are pretty decent ..under 400$ for the OTI and Most GUSA rods such as the WAHOO JR
    acid wrapped and FUJI SIC MNSG Guides..cheaper prices for cheaper guides;)

14. Savage Rods

Savage Rods Member

Rich, If I can help you, gove me a call.

Thanks, Don

15. rtran

rtran Senior Member

yeah got all the OTI stuff and prices are pretty decent ..under 400$ for the OTI and Most GUSA rods such as the WAHOO JR
    acid wrapped and FUJI SIC MNSG Guides..cheaper prices for cheaper guides;)

appreciate everything so far paul, cant wait.

16. paul708

paul708 Site Sponsor

appreciate everything so far paul, cant wait.
    thanks. great working with you also..
    talk to you soon:D