360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I would like to get a custom rod built for me but do not know of any builders other than JPR. If you guys could recommend any good builders at good prices chime in.

Rich

·
Super Moderator
1,569 Posts
Armbreaker or BarBar tackle are both good builders also. I have one of both and they have both caught fish and are very sweet rods. One an OTI 2 piece that I had build conventional. Its my favorite rod.

·
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What are their contact informations? I am currently talking to JPR and he seems he got exactly what I need. Do not know cost yet though!

·
Registered
30 Posts

·
4,574 Posts
Hey Rich, I would go with Paul from JPR. I had a 50lb OTI spinner made by him which I'm picking up tonight....can't wait! I know Nick and Glenn have been very satisfied with their JPR rods as well, maybe they can chime in.

·
177 Posts
DUDE....you really need to give Don Savage with Savage Rods a call...

832. 971. 3050

He knows his stuff, and can make you anything you want....

I have a couple of custom Calstar rods.....cant say enough about him, and his craftsmanship.....

·
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DUDE....you really need to give Don Savage with Savage Rods a call...

832. 971. 3050

He knows his stuff, and can make you anything you want....

I have a couple of custom Calstar rods.....cant say enough about him, and his craftsmanship.....

Will give him a call.

·
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
HELLO, I HAVE EIGHT OF RONS JIGGING RODS AND ALL OF THEM ARE FANTASTIC.. THEY HAVE BEEN PUT THROUGH THE BIG FISH TEST..CHECK THEM OUT ON EBAY UNDER JIGGING RODS [BAR BAR TACKLE] OR BaR-BaR Tackle, home of quality, affordable custom saltwater fishing rods. Including planner, deep drop, teaser, kite and dredge rods. Trolling, stand-up, spinning, boat, and jigging rods. White marlin, tuna, halibut, shark, grouper, stripper and sna .. RON STANDS BEHIND IS RODS AND IS A GREAT GUY...

too heavy for my taste.

·
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Armbreaker or BarBar tackle are both good builders also. I have one of both and they have both caught fish and are very sweet rods. One an OTI 2 piece that I had build conventional. Its my favorite rod.

Arm breaker offers great price but I don't know if I am a fan of the liquid looking wrap.

·
Site Sponsor
2,892 Posts
Rich if you still looking for a rod builder send me a PM...

·
Site Sponsor
4,162 Posts
I am currently talking to JPR and he seems he got exactly what I need. Do not know cost yet though!
yeah got all the OTI stuff and prices are pretty decent ..under 400$ for the OTI and Most GUSA rods such as the WAHOO JR
acid wrapped and FUJI SIC MNSG Guides..cheaper prices for cheaper guides;)

·
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah got all the OTI stuff and prices are pretty decent ..under 400$ for the OTI and Most GUSA rods such as the WAHOO JR
acid wrapped and FUJI SIC MNSG Guides..cheaper prices for cheaper guides;)

appreciate everything so far paul, cant wait.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts