360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a well known awesome rod builder to build me a custom GT rod after I finally found the blank I wanted. I can't say enough about Andy but to keep it short - he's got mad skills. He did everything I asked for and met my expectations and more. Thanks again Andy you are a great rod builder and friend.

The rod is 8' and blank is SG. I wanted to keep it simple so Andy blacked it out for me and just added a touch of silver trim like carpenter rods on the guide wraps. Haven't had a chance to weigh it yet but its pretty dang light but I can feel it has plenty of power.

·
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rhale I dont have a measuring tape near so I dont know for the moment
rod will be paired with dogfight or stella

·
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
did lift tests with this rod also. loaded up 25lb and bent it up. the rod is a beast. 8 foot with 25 lb on the end is tough! and to think this rod can do more. I think i will use a big plate when using this rod as the seven seas couldnt distribute the pressure well enough.

·
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
this rod might be up for sale tonight depending if I get another dog or not in the next few hours.

·
2,835 Posts
this rod might be up for sale tonight depending if I get another dog or not in the next few hours.

I need to introduce you to a friend on mine. He's the only member of C.H.O.T.A. that I know.

·
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
got the new dog (border collie) but she doesnt seem to have good prey drive compared to my other border collie so im returning her back sunday if things dont turn around.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts