Custom Anuvat GT Rod

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by rtran, Mar 9, 2009.

1. rtran

rtran Senior Member

I got a well known awesome rod builder to build me a custom GT rod after I finally found the blank I wanted. I can't say enough about Andy but to keep it short - he's got mad skills. He did everything I asked for and met my expectations and more. Thanks again Andy you are a great rod builder and friend.

The rod is 8' and blank is SG. I wanted to keep it simple so Andy blacked it out for me and just added a touch of silver trim like carpenter rods on the guide wraps. Haven't had a chance to weigh it yet but its pretty dang light but I can feel it has plenty of power.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. gman

gman Senior Member

congrats bro hope you get it all bloody which blank

3. rtran

rtran Senior Member

SG - Super Gangsta..and super secret

hahaha

4. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

sweet rich. i like the carpenter look. andy does a fantastic job.

5. rhale

rhale Senior Member

Looks great, how long is the rear grip? What reel?

6. rtran

rtran Senior Member

rhale I dont have a measuring tape near so I dont know for the moment
    rod will be paired with dogfight or stella

7. rtran

rtran Senior Member

did lift tests with this rod also. loaded up 25lb and bent it up. the rod is a beast. 8 foot with 25 lb on the end is tough! and to think this rod can do more. I think i will use a big plate when using this rod as the seven seas couldnt distribute the pressure well enough.

8. rtran

rtran Senior Member

this rod might be up for sale tonight depending if I get another dog or not in the next few hours.

9. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

If you decide to sell pm me with the weight and price. I have a new stella that may need a new home.

10. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

this rod might be up for sale tonight depending if I get another dog or not in the next few hours.

I need to introduce you to a friend on mine. He's the only member of C.H.O.T.A. that I know.

11. rtran

rtran Senior Member

got the new dog (border collie) but she doesnt seem to have good prey drive compared to my other border collie so im returning her back sunday if things dont turn around.

12. Enoch

Enoch Senior Member

Anuvat should be a Brand Name

13. toppuntawong

toppuntawong -- Tackle Ho --

Very nice once again Mr. Andy!