360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Notice how the fish turn the boat 180 degrees and then drags it... The boat then go back to it's original drifting position once the pressure is over !

Fish was released of course.

Not sponsored or anything like that, but for that kind of game where you use HEAVY drag, Black Hole rods are the best !

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What reel you using:)
Here is a comment I made about baitcasters in a private message. Pasting it here as some of you might find it useful:

I think you will like the baitcaster. So much control and so reactive. I probably would not have had that cubera if it was not for baitcaster. If you check the video I first got hit by a small fish that was clearly swimming towards the surface, most probably running for his life cause the cubera was around. Let fall the jig as soon as I realized I lost it, then felt something, I believe the cubera getting close to the jig or short striking it, so engaged and reeled to see if I was tight. Nope, so I free-spooled again but not even a second later I knew I was being attacked so just turned the handle to engage and BOOM. That was 2 release of the spool and 1 engage in less than 3 seconds. I could never have been so fast to engage/free spool with any other reel, not even a star drag. So yes, I believe the baitcaster was key in getting that fish.

·
152 Posts
Notice how the fish turn the boat 180 degrees and then drags it... The boat then go back to it's original drifting position once the pressure is over !

Not sponsored or anything like that, but for that kind of game where you use HEAVY drag, Black Hole rods are the best !

Heck yeah what BH rod n reel? Catch and Gaff too.. sweet!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts