360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone had any experience fishing in Cuba as I'm going for a trip around the Island (not just the Cayos). The trip it's not a proper fishing trip as I'm going with girlfriend :eek: but I will bring my rod, reel and poppers in my bag :D

Any help appreciate! Thanks!

·
723 Posts
Axi,

I have not fished Cuba, but in the 80's I was able to Dive at the mouth of Guantanamo Bay. It was a great dive with a huge variety of large sea life. Groupers, Snappers, Sharks, Cuda, etc. I now wish i had been more into fishing then and less into diving....

·
804 Posts
Don't know about Cuba, but Dry Tortugas is about half-way between Key West and Cuba, is some of the best fishing anywhere. The conditions in that area are Deep and lots of current. I think the Gulf Stream cuts through there.

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! I can see Cuba it's not one the classic fishing spot because well we all know.. But what move me to bring my gear is the location and the possibility of unexplored areas.

Cheers
Axi

·
993 Posts
Thanks guys! I can see Cuba it's not one the classic fishing spot because well we all know.. But what move me to bring my gear is the location and the possibility of unexplored areas.

one of the best spot in carribean dont foget ernest heminway tournament you can catch almost anything I will give my advice axi find out firts about fishing in cuba that [email protected]##$$% has to many regulations

·
993 Posts
I didn't think Americans could fish in Cuban waters....
Welcome to the forum, Axi!
american can travel to cuba all you need is ask for a permit to treasury depart they will give to you but you regulations like you cant spend more 5000$ dollar you cant on credit card no more than 10 days in the island but yes american can go I forgot dont bring any tobaco

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey cubanfishermar if you have any more recommendation please send me a private message. I can speak Spanish/English

Cheers
Axi

1 - 9 of 9 Posts