CTS Rod blanks

Discussion in 'Rods and Rod Blanks' started by leohan, Jul 21, 2008.

1. leohan

leohan Junior member

Recently got introduced by a friend to this rod blank. Is interested in making a spinning outfit...:) It's New Zealand manufactured and is keen on the following model. Was wondering anyone here have seen or used the mentioned rod. Would love to hear you opinion or complaint.

Sea Master Pro Jig
    Line Weight Lure Weight
    10-15kg / 20-30lb 85-200g - 3 - 7 1/2oz

The link for the rod blank is a as follows : CTS Fishing (NZ) Fly, Bait & Spin Rod Blank Designers & Manufacturers

Thanks in advance.

2. crazyjigr

crazyjigr Senior Member

I got to see the blanks first hand and was very impressed please let us know how yours turns out.

3. leohan

leohan Junior member

Crazyjigr, it's still in the planning department. Still looking at other alternatives as well..:)

Will let you know if the CTS rod does materialize for me.

4. Capt Richie

Capt Richie Site Sponsor

Leohan please keep us posted ..I'm always looking for new blanks..If you still looking I started building on GUSA great rod blanks..The Wahoo Jr composite would make a great spin rod..Or try the Mega -C both blanks are great..

I building a set of 16 rods for a charter boat in the Keys all Calstar intill I saw than built the Wahoo now the last of the order are Wahoo Jr..

5. leohan

leohan Junior member

Thanks Capt. Must say, I'm impressed especially the posting did by Paul708 on the acid rod. A beauty!

6. VaRandy

VaRandy Site Sponsor

I am waiting for a 50-80
    CTS conventional jig stick now and will be building a spiral wrapped rod. Will let all know the outcome.

7. paul708

paul708 Site Sponsor

the CTS are nice i have done a few
    its not something i "rave" about:D
    but overall a nice blank. there are alot like these around