360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, Blake and I fished the sandies/hybrids of Ray Hubbard and smoked em. You just had to stay away from the circus of boats and find your fish jigging deep. Blake has mastered the slab and out caught me 2 to 1. With this success, I decided he should be up to something more technical and challenging. Now, the beat down.

It wasn't the crappie, but me receiving the beat down. Blake and I tried to find my brush piles w/o my GPS since it was sent in for repairs. We found them by dragging slabs in the area and hanging up.

The beat down came from me holding the boat in the wind for 5 hours and experiencing the lightest bite I have ever seen. You rarely felt them, but saw the line go limp most of the time. Jigging 1-2lb fish in the wind, with 10lb braid, 1/4oz jigs and an 8 year old learning to finesse jig fish is tough! It was the greatest test of patience I've had in a while.

Tons of dinks, but managed 8 keepers, 4 cats, 1 hybrid and 1 sand bass. Toughest 28 filets I have ever cleaned.

·
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea but the quality time is priceless!

Thanks, you are right. We get lots of quality time, but I nearly tossed him in the lake today!

·
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hubbard yesterday. Lewisville today. I gave crappie a small shot on RH yesterday and blanked. Although, without a sounder I am shooting blind.

·
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He can try! He put the boat on the trailer today, so he is moving up.

·
5,457 Posts
Brandon

Sounds like a fun time. Too bad we couldnt figure out how to jig up those cuda's that night in the Keys.

d-a

·
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Brandon

Sounds like a fun time. Too bad we couldnt figure out how to jig up those cuda's that night in the Keys.

d-a

True. I needed your steady hand today. You were awesome with Blake.

·
152 Posts
Thanks, you are right. We get lots of quality time, but I nearly tossed him in the lake today!

I actually miss that part, Good job Brandon.

·
2,024 Posts
Hubbard yesterday. Lewisville today. I gave crappie a small shot on RH yesterday and blanked. Although, without a sounder I am shooting blind.

november through March- we know where they(crappie on RH) are though :)

great job on raising that boy!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts