360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 870 n and a 665 n, will these handle my conventional jigging needs or should I pick up a 500 or 600 xtreme ? ? ?

·
724 Posts
Buy until you run out of money. Try them all, and sell the ones you don't like here on the classifieds. Probably some of the ones you don't like will be somebody elses favorite reel. That way you will know for yourself what you like and you will make some new friends as you sell them reels at discounted prices.:D

·
5,457 Posts
I currently have a 870 n and a 665 n, will these handle my conventional jigging needs or should I pick up a 500 or 600 xtreme ? ? ?

Yes if you like jigging with lever drags.

d-a

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
What conventional would you suggest. Been looking at a Torsa 20

I like the Torsa 20, go for it

I've caught groupers, snappers, AJ and tuna on it

The CAM drag is change-able, small enough to palm and
good line capacity if you're using braid

·
Registered
991 Posts
Torsa 20 works for me, but are kind of pricey for a conventional jigger (IMO)!

Two more hard to beat for the price.
Ocea Jigger
Diawa Saltiga 30T

Talk to Bret Baker, he'a got some good deals on some Aluectnos Gorillas (if he still has some)!

Dale

·
5,457 Posts
Me personally, I like star drags for fish under 150 lbs. My favorites are the Ocea Jigger 4000-5000 size, Tn 40N, saltiga 30T, saltiga 40.

d-a

G

·
Talk to Bret Baker, he'a got some good deals on some Aluectnos Gorillas (if he still has some)!

Dale

Unfortunately I sent the non-sold ones back to Bluefin USA on Friday. Those were awesome reels though, I am thinking of picking up a gorilla 20.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts