360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a super bite going on offshore for tuna and marlin. Yesterday released 7 sails. We had a Costa Rica grand slam today. That is a sailfish, tuna, dorado and marlin. The marlin was a small 110-115 pound stripe, 24 pound tuna on a popper and the dorado was a nice 58 pounder that came right to the boat and then exploded when I gaffed him. Four other local boats also released marlin. Another boat from same lodge got a 211 pound big eye. A fellow Texan running a boat out of Golfito released 21 sails. He was on the sail honey hole. This has been a super year for offshore fish so far. Hope it holds up.

·
Tuna Club member
879 Posts
I had 2 crazy ******* friends there since last Thursday - John and Johnny... No idea who they're fishing with, but sounds like it's probably been great! Any pix Capt?

·
2,835 Posts
Mark,
I bet that fellow Texan Capt that hit the sailfish honey hole was John B.

I've got a couple of stupid questions for you.

1)Is it a hassle at the border between CR and Panama when driving a vehicle?

2)Have you even driven between Golfido and Panama City and if so, how long would it take?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you own the vehicle no problem. I think I heard rentals can't be driven down into Panama. Never drove to Panama City but think it would take around 7-8 hours from Golfito.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts