Costa Rica-Zancudo

Discussion in 'Offshore Fishing Reports' started by capitanmarcos, Feb 7, 2009.

1. capitanmarcos

capitanmarcos Guest

Got a super bite going on offshore for tuna and marlin. Yesterday released 7 sails. We had a Costa Rica grand slam today. That is a sailfish, tuna, dorado and marlin. The marlin was a small 110-115 pound stripe, 24 pound tuna on a popper and the dorado was a nice 58 pounder that came right to the boat and then exploded when I gaffed him. Four other local boats also released marlin. Another boat from same lodge got a 211 pound big eye. A fellow Texan running a boat out of Golfito released 21 sails. He was on the sail honey hole. This has been a super year for offshore fish so far. Hope it holds up.

2. Jason4606

Jason4606 Tuna Club member

I had 2 crazy redneck friends there since last Thursday - John and Johnny... No idea who they're fishing with, but sounds like it's probably been great! Any pix Capt?

3. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Mark, glad to hear the fishing is good.. post up some pics when you can...

4. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Mark,
    I bet that fellow Texan Capt that hit the sailfish honey hole was John B.

I've got a couple of stupid questions for you.

1)Is it a hassle at the border between CR and Panama when driving a vehicle?

2)Have you even driven between Golfido and Panama City and if so, how long would it take?

5. capitanmarcos

capitanmarcos Guest

If you own the vehicle no problem. I think I heard rentals can't be driven down into Panama. Never drove to Panama City but think it would take around 7-8 hours from Golfito.