COSTA RICA - ZANCUDO LODGE - NON-STOP SAILFISH ACTION - AND MORE !!!

Discussion in 'South of the Border' started by Undiscovered, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Undiscovered

Undiscovered New Member

Just returned from a 5 day fishing trip at The Zancudo Lodge located just outside Golfito, Costa Rica.

After a small (12 seats) commuter plane to Golfito airport we were picked and transported by taxi to the local marina.

There we were greeted by Captain Rafael Barrett whom would be our captain for our entire fishing adventure.

A short boat ride later we arrived at Zancudo Lodge were owner Gregg was at the dock to welcome us to the lodge, a quick bite to eat and we were on our way fishing within 30 minutes of arriving at the lodge.

Our main focus was sailfish which there were more than plenty to go around; we also mixed in some roosters, jacks, tuna and a fish similar to red fish.

Zancudo Lodge has a quite the fishing fleet, consisting of (2) 32 Contender’s, several custom 28 center console’s as well as Twin Vee catamaran’s.

All these boats were equipped with modern Raymarine Electronics as well as the premium (Penn, Okuma, Daiwa) fishing tackle.

We had an exceptional stay at Zancudo Lodge; all the staff (special thanks to Chalberth, Ariel & Ryan) were truly wonderful and professional. Chef Daniel prepared a different outstanding dish every night, along with making sure to greet each table nightly.

Although our main purpose was a fishing trip words cannot express the sheer natural beauty of the surrounding Costa Rican countryside. We also encountered porpoises, whales, tortoises and crocodiles.

The lodge exemplifies a true 5 star experience nestled in a unique Costa Rican environment; I cannot say enough about the owners Gregg and Goldine whom went above and beyond to ensure ours was a true “Costa Rican Fishing Adventure”.

This was my first trip to Costa Rica however it will not be my last, I look forward to returning to Costa Rica and The Zancudo Lodge in the near future.

Sailfish At the Boat
    Katfish - CR - Charles- Sail At The Boat.JPG

Sailfish One On
    Katfish - Costa Rica- Salfish.jpg

The Zancudo Lodge - Dinning Room / Bar
    20160324_075828.jpg

Zancudo Lodge - Marina
    20160325_174002.jpg

32' Contender's At Zancundo Lodge Marina
    P1040108.JPG

32' Contender Ready To Go
    P1040117.JPG