360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started the week slow with 2 for 3 on sails and missing a nice blue, day two 1-2 on sails, then a couple of days roosterfishing, yesterday things looked nice, ended up 7-12 on sails and 10 tuna to 50lbs.

Looks like we have a second wave of fish moving in!

·
2,835 Posts
I used Greg at Sportfishing Golfito when I went to CR. I was very pleased with all arrangements he provided to make it a wonderful experience.

Once in a while you will have a day you will never forget. While in Costa Rica I experienced the best bull dolphin fishing I have ever seen. It was one after another. I think the chest was full in less than an hour.
I will never see that again as even Capt Kevin didn't expect it.

Fishing is funny. You never know when one of those once in a lifetime days will happen. Once in Venezuela, I myself caught and released a dozen white marlin in a single day. Another time in Cabo, I released eight striped marlin and two blue marlin in a single day. My best wahoo day was out of Port Aransas, Tx. Twenty two hoo's in a single day. My best Pacific Sailfishing day was in Mazatlan, Mexico. I think I released around 10 one day. At the right time of the year, I think Costa Rica could be better than that. Before Kingfish limits, I was helping the Charter Capts catch Kingfish for a Charity cookout. Me and one friend boated over 50 kings before noon for the cause. Those are the days you never forget. I truely believe that Panama is probably the best Black Marlin fishing spot in the world. I can see (if your body can take the punishment) releasing a dozen a day on a hot bite day.

47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used Greg at Sportfishing Golfito when I went to CR. I was very pleased with all arrangements he provided to make it a wonderful experience.

Once in a while you will have a day you will never forget. While in Costa Rica I experienced the best bull dolphin fishing I have ever seen. It was one after another. I think the chest was full in less than an hour.
I will never see that again as even Capt Kevin didn't expect it.

Fishing is funny. You never know when one of those once in a lifetime days will happen. Once in Venezuela, I myself caught and released a dozen white marlin in a single day. Another time in Cabo, I released eight striped marlin and two blue marlin in a single day. My best wahoo day was out of Port Aransas, Tx. Twenty two hoo's in a single day. My best Pacific Sailfishing day was in Mazatlan, Mexico. I think I released around 10 one day. At the right time of the year, I think Costa Rica could be better than that. Before Kingfish limits, I was helping the Charter Capts catch Kingfish for a Charity cookout. Me and one friend boated over 50 kings before noon for the cause. Those are the days you never forget. I truely believe that Panama is probably the best Black Marlin fishing spot in the world. I can see (if your body can take the punishment) releasing a dozen a day on a hot bite day.

It can be an amazing place. I still can't believe you guys had them right off the beach. We had a couple real surprises this year. Two others were catching a dorado in the harbor got the pics to prove it and going 1 for two on sails 150 yards off the beach while roosterfishing.

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
Greg, nice talking with you yesterday. The jigging sessions of Canyon Runner seminar at Mohigan Sun, Ct today is finally over. Mohigan Sun is very nice place and I am surprised so many people come to Mihigan Sun for gambling even economy is so bad.

I couldn't have lunch as many guys asked questions during lunch break, but I am just happy I could help them.
I am really interested in the area you mentioned where I can catch roosterfish from the surf.

47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was good to talk to you too. We will definitly get you down and into the action. We just had a customer get a 30lber Rooster from the dock in the morning.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.