360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Site Sponsor
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We make our own Reamers for cork.

We usually put on a demo for making them.
Its pretty easy.

Old pieces of blank, glue, grit.

here are a few of the ones we made.

Attachments

·
5,700 Posts
Used to do the glue & grit caper, but switched to carborundum tape a couple of years ago.
Glue & grit is quite good thats for sure, its only disadvantage is that the grit is more easily blinded with dust than an open spiral tape glued on. as dust has somewhere to go in the gaps between the tape edges in the spiral & it takes longer to fill up & doesn't pack into the grit hard ( esp when reaming EVA ).

Over the years I have used everything from turned wood dowel , to old sections of blanks, to the shanks of golf clubs as the base for reamers.

either way you make 'em they are a lot cheaper than the store-bought item.

·
3,719 Posts
Nice reamers Paul,
Here's what I did, I used a belt sander Belt ,Cut it into a long strip and used contact cement to put it on an old piece of blank. I do everything from EVA to aluminum rings with this.

Attachments

·
Site Sponsor
1,249 Posts
Same here gang,,the old belt sander stuff works pretty darn well also and does save the cake..I picked one up made a while back from Batson I think it was and that broke on me after not too many uses so I was in a spot and had to go to my MacGyver instincts once again and saved the day for myself.
See great minds think alike,,lol
http://www.360tuna.com/gallery/displayimage.php?imageid=1145&original=1

1 - 4 of 4 Posts