1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
35 Rods ?
6 Fishermen ?
2 Boats ?
1 boat used for the movie, as you would have noticed if you had watched it instead of jumping on your keyboard to criticize (well, no, you were already behind your keyboard like everyday all day. That's precisely the difference between real life and internet fishermen). Other clients in 2 boats. Below average fishing, but, over all, many good fish lost ! GT fishermen, needs adjustment when fishing for tougher to fool/land fish...

And remember,no live bait all day with the boat in gear during the whole fight like they do in every other lodge in Central America. We fish for the sport, not the harvest, and thus do it the hard way and lose some. I know, you could teach us how to do it 1000 times better.

·
Banned
233 Posts
1 boat used for the movie, as you would have noticed if you had watched it instead of jumping on your keyboard to criticize (well, no, you were already behind your keyboard like everyday all day. That's precisely the difference between real life and internet fishermen). Other clients in 2 boats. Below average fishing, but, over all, many good fish lost ! GT fishermen, needs adjustment when fishing for tougher to fool/land fish...

And remember,no live bait all day with the boat in gear during the whole fight like they do in every other lodge in Central America. We fish for the sport, not the harvest, and thus do it the hard way and lose some. I know, you could teach us how to do it 1000 times better.
No point on explaining Pierre ! He wont understand

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do you ever have fly fishermen on your trips?
not really. If you ask me I would advise against using fly rods. Just not the right tool for the fishery. Sure you can get some fish on fly when fishing a feeding frenzy, but most times we blind cast over structures and covering ground and/or making some noise/commotion is the ticket. Also a lot of time, rapidity of execution is key to success. Fly just isn't the right tool. When I get asked about pure fly-fishing trips I always answer it's a bad idea. There are more suited destinations for that. Having a fly rod handy in the boat is an option, though.

Many (most) of our guests come from fly-fishing. Usually people that are into fly-fishing like popping (an maybe jigging). It require the same spirit and vision of the sport: dedication, hard-work, visual, rewarding, not always easy, etc...

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Fvkin awesome videos. Thanks for sharing.... someday, I'll give you a call, hopefully.
It's probably a lot cheaper than you'd think ! 6 days with us is the same price as 3 days with most other lodges in Panama. And no fuel surcharge BS or asking an additional 15-20% of the cost of the trip for tipping. Our prices are reasonable because we intend to be affordable instead of luxury (who really needs a waterfall in the pool on a fishing trip ?), because we don't have to run 45 milles everyday justy to get to the fishing grounds, and because we spend 0 on advertising.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I watched the full vid last night... It looked like a lot of fun. I've watched most of Stu's vids and in this one, the setup, boat, lodge etc really appeals to me. I'll have to check out flights from S.Africa to Panama. Rooster is so on my bucket list :)

·
4,931 Posts
as you would have noticed if you had watched it instead of jumping on your keyboard to criticize
Interesting,
asking how many rods
for how many fishermen
is "criticism"

oh my ballywho.jpg

·
4,931 Posts
well, no, you were already behind your keyboard like everyday all day. That's precisely the difference between real life and internet fishermen).
Let's see,
I posted at 2:41am
while sipping my cup of coffee,
before heading out on the water,
by 3:30 am
I do this 6-7 days a week
from April to late November.

You posted at 7:00am,
taking your little internet break,
between doing the breakfast dishes,
and heading off to clean the guest rooms.

·
4,931 Posts
GT fishermen, needs adjustment when fishing for tougher to fool/land fish..
LMAO
Teen size to low twenty pound JACKS,
are harder to land than GT in coral-filled water.
#OMFG
#LMAO
#CLUELESS

1 - 20 of 27 Posts