360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have a lil tuna left after grilling, pan searing, broiling, tuna salad, shashimi.

my wife is asking about deep fried beer battered tuna.
any body ever had DEEP FRIED TUNA?

·
327 Posts
Never had it but I had some ********* down in venice tell me about frying some up with a gravy made with creamcheese and said it was awesome. Dont hold me to it though. Regardless post back up how it turns out. I been wanting to try it.

·
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol....looks like like we are probally just gonna have to try it and see. ill wait a day or two and see if anyone else has tryed it

·
1,086 Posts
I've made fish sticks with left over uncooked portions a few times.

It makes an interesting lunch for me and the kids.

Traditional ketcup dipping sticks..

Nothing Gormet about it.

I'll do it again when the ocassion arises.

·
723 Posts
ok i have a lil tuna left after grilling, pan searing, broiling, tuna salad, shashimi.

my wife is asking about deep fried beer battered tuna.
any body ever had DEEP FRIED TUNA?

I make a dish every now and then, just as an appetizer though. Take the Tuna, cut it into chunks (about 1" to 1 1/2"). Make sure its chunks, if you cut it into strips, you will overcook it and dry it out. You want it juicy inside. Marinate the chunks in soy sauce, sake, and fresh ground ginger root. After a few hours, pat them dry with papertowel, then lightly coat them in soft-as-silk flour, and deep fry them. Put them out on a plate over sliced Daikon or cabbage and drizzle it with a hot Thai Chili sauce.

I know it sounds like a lot, but its not hard. That is the only way I have ever had deep fried Tuna that was any good. I certainly would not beer batter it....

·
620 Posts
some ********* down in venice

Er .... um ..... uh .... I guess that would be South Louisiana Acadians in a politically correct world.... :D

·
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well guys i just battered up some blackfin tuna wit pancake batter and beer and deep fried til batter was golden brown......OMG.......its freaking awesome. the wife just kept eating.....lol.....said she likes it better than grilled or anything else......have to admit......i did a darn good job this time.....lol

·
117 Posts
It is also very good fried in a tempura batter and then dipped in a creamy jalapeno sauce. My friends always request some tuna like this when we have a fish fry.

Joe

·
2 Posts
Blackfin fried in Mortons fish and chips batter is freakin' awesome. Took some to deer camp last year and the guys stuffed themselves on it. I have also taken blackfin and boiled it and made tuna salad out of it, its real good.
Yellowfin though is a different matter, raw or sizzled on both sides for 1 minute each for me, just my 2 cents.

·
1,373 Posts
Guys,
Try bf on a kabob with bacon, mushroom, califlower, yellow bell pepper, and pineapple.

·
153 Posts
Guys,
Try bf on a kabob with bacon, mushroom, califlower, yellow bell pepper, and pineapple.
That sounds more like it. I absolutely love fried fish but have pretty much cut fried foods out of my diet.:( I do make an exception for fried fish and shrimp occasionally.:D

·
26 Posts
well guys i just battered up some blackfin tuna wit pancake batter and beer and deep fried til batter was golden brown......OMG.......its freaking awesome. the wife just kept eating.....lol.....said she likes it better than grilled or anything else......have to admit......i did a darn good job this time.....lol

I'm taking that this was a deep fish fryer of the usual variety? When you say golden brown, did it float or did you just go by color?

It sounds like something I'd like to try. Thanks....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts