Coastal Charters Week(or two) in review

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by Capt. Dom, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Capt. Dom

Capt. Dom Site Sponsor

Other than last Wed. unexpected hiccup with my boat not being seaworthy for a day, I have been on the water 7 of the last 8 days straight I havent had much time for anything other than sleep and fishing, so I apologize for the lack of reports lately.

Up until Monday and Tuesday, the bite had been epic, but the Bermuda high coupled with the full moon shut these fish right off. I still managed a fish yesterday, despite the very slow conditions, but Monday we put 167 miles under the bow with very few sightings, and zero real shots at any topwater action. We had two boils, and that was it for the day.

However, every other trip last wek saw numerous feeds, crashing fish everywhere, and multiple fish hooked up and to the boat. Most of the fish of late are in the larger class of 65-69 inches, although we did have a very small fish which looked to be in the 45 inch range come to the boat only to spiut the sluggo as we were about to measure it near the boat. I have seen many pods of smaller fish recently, a great sign that there are other year classes abundant, and a future to look forward to on some more manageable tuna.

I am back at it for the next 12 of 15 days straight, weather provided of course.

View attachment 8076

View attachment 8077

Attached Files:

2. Eric the Red

Eric the Red Member

I am back at it for the next 12 of 15 days straight, weather provided of course.

Have your secretary post your reports for ya, you slacker! :p :D